1970 Polara CV for sale in Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, it doesn't work that way. Keep the language barrier in mind. Most countrys in europe have their own language which makes it difficult for foreigners. It lowers the exchange (in example car search) heavily.

Carsten

Yep, even in Germany the dialect is different from region to region. I noticed in the Southern part of Germany there's a lot of slang used and when you get further north the dialect is high German or proper German is spoken.

But you'll find high Germans all over the country.

Good one Klaus, that was funny!

I was stationed in Germany 3 times for a total of 15 years.

First time was at Bad Hersfeld.

Second time was at Wertheim.

Third time was at Augsburg. I liked Augsburg the best. Close to Munich, Austria, Switzerland, and I had friends in Italy that I visited all the time in Brixen/Bressanone.

But you'll find high Germans all over the country.

IIRC, you live near K-town?

yeah I am more than 6.3 feet tall :))

What do city do you live near?

Hi Bob,

I live in Essen, more up in the north.
The northern part is more Mopar county than the south like in the US :))

Carsten

Third time was at Augsburg. I liked Augsburg the best. Close to Munich, Austria, Switzerland, and I had friends in Italy that I visited all the time in Brixen/Bressanone.

QUOTE]

In between K-town (I didn't know this expression was used internationally, rather unimportant city except for some US-military presence and being near Ramstein air base and first league soccer) and Mannheim/Heidelberg.

QUOTE]

In between K-town (I didn't know this expression was used internationally, rather unimportant city except for some US-military presence and being near Ramstein air base and first league soccer) and Mannheim/Heidelberg.

Oh Ya, most GI's I knew referred to it as K-town. They had a huge U.S. Depot and PX there.

Hi Bob,

I live in Essen, more up in the north.
The northern part is more Mopar county than the south like in the US :))

Carsten

I've driven close by Essen and been to Trier to see all the old stuff. I was in Beremerhaven at the port to pickup my Z-28 when it was shipped. Frankfurt numerous times. My Great-Grandfather was from Frankfurt. I didn't know that until I was back in the states for the last time. My Mother was the only one in her family that as born in U.S., the rest of her family was born in Austria. I did a lot of traveling and exploring in the Southern half of Germany and those surrounding countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back