1970 sport fury GT burnout

Pretty pointless unless your warming your tires before staging at a drag strip.
Other wise it's just an act to compensate for an inadequacy complex, like a small wheeny or something.
Actually it's required by law in our jurisdiction. Owners of these cars are obligated to perform one "mandatory burnout" every 2 years or the authorities can step in and have it done for you. Not sure if critter is aware of this yet.

Actually it's required by law in our jurisdiction. Owners of these cars are obligated to perform one "mandatory burnout" every 2 years or the authorities can step in and have it done for you. Not sure if critter is aware of this yet.

:lol:

Pretty pointless unless your warming your tires before staging at a drag strip.
Other wise it's just an act to compensate for an inadequacy complex, like a small wheeny or something.
Or it just happens sitting at a light on Heath Oh., In August, in a 68 Charger, next to a 67 Camaro, also with a old man at the wheel, doing the same thing.

Luckily my 13 yo was there as the voice of reason, because I was ready for another lap.

OK, Everyone, You win! You have successfully demonstrated that you have a much bigger weener than I do. :rofl:
Or do we?

I suggest you give it a try (burnout that is!). Then post a pic or video of you doing it, and let us know how awesome it was!

Or do we?

I suggest you give it a try (burnout that is!). Then post a pic or video of you doing it, and let us know how awesome it was!

Thanks for the invite. Rest assured I've done it in the past. Now I prefer driving like an old man....must be the age thing....
Anyway, no offense meant by my previous comments, just harmless banter

Smoking tires is the icon of horsepower. It timeless. Either you get it or you don't. I'll be smokin' tires until I'm 100.

dragracing-traffic-sign.jpg

Hi everyone- That's my car and it is a GT. I left the hood stripes off after I had it repainted.

Back in 2001, after 2 years of searching I bought the car as a near wreck off Ebay. I got the mechanicals working, and then the car spent almost 2 years in Hibernia NJ getting the body back into shape. I kept running out of money so I had to pay them to store it every few months. The car has been great since then. Right now it's hibernating in a barn with it's sister ship, a 1965 NYR.

As to why I let off the gas at the end of the burnout, I had to let my 10 year old son {and cameraman} get back into the car before the police showed up!

Hi everyone- That's my car and it is a GT. I left the hood stripes off after I had it repainted.

Back in 2001, after 2 years of searching I bought the car as a near wreck off Ebay. I got the mechanicals working, and then the car spent almost 2 years in Hibernia NJ getting the body back into shape. I kept running out of money so I had to pay them to store it every few months. The car has been great since then. Right now it's hibernating in a barn with it's sister ship, a 1965 NYR.

As to why I let off the gas at the end of the burnout, I had to let my 10 year old son {and cameraman} get back into the car before the police showed up!

Well done Otto!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::steering::thumbsup:

john-price-2-jpg.jpg

Given the fact, that the sign says Stratford Ontario I guess it´s @Hemi pwr your car ?! Sorry but you got a stalker by now :lol:

yes its my car but this was when the guy before me owned it and was in stratford race track...lol I have since done up grades like nitrous, Dana 60 plus more

Last edited:
yes its my car but this was when the guy before me owned it and was in stratford race track...lol I have since done up grades like nitrous, Dana 60 plus more

Any new burnout video's???

nitrous in a 70 SportFury :wideyed: so judging from your interior pictures the tank is in the trunk ?
Member @pentacar is racing a EV2 orange 71 Sportfury or at least he could with the setup

Back