For Sale 1970 sport fury parting out

I was planning on pulling them at some point, if they look decent. So I will remove them and you can have 1st chance to buy. No obligation. I realize you can not evaluate the condition of parts from the junkyard photos. What I do is get the parts home, clean the parts, check for flaws. I will then take close up pictures so a buyer can look at parts very closely, before buying.
Hi
I am still interested in the rear wheel well moldings on the 70 Fury if they are available and intact.
Thanks again
Carl

Last edited:
Hi
I am still interested in the rear wheel well moldings on the 70 Fury if they are available and intact.
Thanks again
Carl
I looked at them and the condition is so, so. Not great not terrible. If I remember correctly they are aluminum, and would need some work. If they were stainless steel I would have already grabbed them. As you know stainless steel parts survive so well and are so much easier to restore. I might try and remove them next trip and really look at the parts very very closely and maybe evaluate their condition more closely for you. thanks willie

I looked at them and the condition is so, so. Not great not terrible. If I remember correctly they are aluminum, and would need some work. If they were stainless steel I would have already grabbed them. As you know stainless steel parts survive so well and are so much easier to restore. I might try and remove them next trip and really look at the parts very very closely and maybe evaluate their condition more closely for you. thanks willie
Thank you for getting back to me. You have a separate thread on a 1972 Fury that I think is in the same yard. There's a 71 sedan next to it that might have the same moldings and could be easier to get to. On my own Fury I'm pretty sure the wheel well trim is stainless steel but my car has rear fender skirts.

Thank you for getting back to me. You have a separate thread on a 1972 Fury that I think is in the same yard. There's a 71 sedan next to it that might have the same moldings and could be easier to get to. On my own Fury I'm pretty sure the wheel well trim is stainless steel but my car has rear fender skirts.
thanks for studying the pics, and the very helpful information. Sure makes things easier. I will look for the stainless steel moldings, should be much better, and easier to do minor repair, like polishing

Have you pulled the lower rocker moldings at all?
I have looked at them . they are fairly beat up. So I have not attempted to remove them. The temps. in arkansas are around 100* ever day right now, and I am having some "minor" health issues, so junkyard picking is on back burner. Sorry about the delays in information and parts pickings updates.

I have looked at them . they are fairly beat up. So I have not attempted to remove them. The temps. in arkansas are around 100* ever day right now, and I am having some "minor" health issues, so junkyard picking is on back burner. Sorry about the delays in information and parts pickings updates.
Thanks for letting me know when the temps come down and you go back I still wouldn't mind a picture of both.

Back