1970 window mechanism rebuild - parts ?

This coming weekend I'll be in Atlanta where I know a huge hardware store. The friend I'm visiting is very good at coming up with ways to fix things. Keep your fingers crossed that he succeeds and if so I'll get extra parts and take pictures. It would be great to have a "problem solver" for that failure-prone mechanism.

Well I had my friend study my window mechanism, from what I can tell, '71 uses a different retainer. We didn't pursue the hardware-store fix idea because he ended up tracking down my no-taillight condition to the headlight switch not being connected properly. Now I can drive at night. Just wanted to follow up...

Well I had my friend study my window mechanism, from what I can tell, '71 uses a different retainer. We didn't pursue the hardware-store fix idea because he ended up tracking down my no-taillight condition to the headlight switch not being connected properly. Now I can drive at night. Just wanted to follow up...

Did you look in the parts book?

If you are looking for the same part as the OP, it's the same part# for both 70 and 71. If it's something else, the best bet is to look up the part# and do some searches.

A lot of these parts fit multiple years and models. A replacement may be easier to come up with then you think.

Back