1971 Chrysler 300 with a sunroof

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not on for a few days. I have the missing trim. I gave up on the AC after I could not get cold air from the vents after the new compressor and freon. I spent an afternoon on it and it was not that important to me, i like the sunroof open and the windows down.
It originally had a white interior, it was changed to black before I bought it. I will load up some engine pics.

BTW the tips are from a 70 300 Hurst. Cant put e-body tips on a c-body....

I had this on ebay earlier this year and i had to stop the auction, got swamped at work and at home and just did not have the time to sell it. I have a little more free time now, so I am putting it up again.

Mike

Hi Mike,

it would be nice if you could post the fender tag

Carsten

Weren't these rectangular exhaust tips optionally available on all dual exhaust cars ?
They don't seem to be sure if all Hursts had them as well, some say they always came with the car to be put on by the dealership.

Last edited:
Weren't these rectangular exhaust tips optionally available on all dual exhaust cars ?
They don't seem to be sure if all Hursts had them as well, some say they always came with the car to be put on by the dealership.

Never heard either one of those to be factual

afaik just the SFGT and Hurst got them but they were optional

The SFgt and hurst had them standard, but there were different tips (part numbers) for the 300 and sport fury.

I just tuned the 300 up and changed the oil. It runs great. I am trying to sell it again. I am planing on putting it up on ebay in a couple of weeks.

Anyone interested?

This is a tough time of year to sell a car IMO. Give it a shot and post a link to it here(or just let us handle that) but I think you're better off waiting till after tax season next year.

You can prove it to her yourself although some cars it doesn't matter quite as much what time of year.

I think i saw this car at Carlilse a few years back.............

Here ya go, posted from another forum. Note the area in bold type, and keep us posted!

Cash waiting for the right car!

I am looking to find a decent, daily driver quality mopar. I have compiled a list of some cars that I would be interested in. Depending on the car, I have up to $14k cash to spend. The car MUST be a good running/driving car with a little bit of work. NO RACE CARS. Here's a list of what I would be interested in.

1970 B-body 2dr hard top. No posts.
1968-1973 B-body wagon preferring 1971-1973. 1971 Satellite or Coronet wagon would be the most preferred.
1971-1972 satellite or coronet 4dr with big block
1971-1973 road runner or charger
1969-1971 Chrysler 300 2dr (prefer green)
1970-1971 Sport Fury or Polara/Monaco 2dr big block
1970-1974 Demon/dart sport/duster V8, prefer LBP and 8 3/4
1975-1978 Chrysler cordoba, dodge charger, magnum, fury, or road runner. Must be at least a 360 4bbl. Want t-top or sunroof. Prefer high optioned. Black is preferred.

Any car with a factory sun roof goes to the top of the list.

I am looking seriously and plan to purchase by late December, mid Jan.

Please send description, price, and photos to; moparmusclewanted@yahoo.com

I have up to $14k cash to spend.
Never, ever, know how much you have. You'll only get responses from guys with $5,000.00 cars wanting 14 and guys with $14,000.00 cars who think their cars are worth 25.........

Last edited:
Anyone have another 71 Chry 300 for sale or seen these for sale? I know there were only a little over 7200 of these produced. Can't seem to find a registry or a count on how many are left in the world. Anyone have a good link for more info on the 71 300? Hard to find parts for or interchange a lot with other 71's?

Thnks,

Wizard

Besides the one in this thread, the most recent one was discussed in this thread on this site a few months ago (August):

For Sale - 1971 300

It was red and looked pretty good. It ran and drove well too. I talked with the guy about its fate, and he told me he had 2 interested parties wanting the car (probably partly because of the limited visibility of the site he posted the listing on). He told me he sold it for $3000.

View attachment 146614

Wow, that is a sharp looking car. So not to many people have these or not to many out there I take it out of the 7200 produced?

FYI...The blue 300 is located in Sweden since a couple of years. And its in a very good running condition. Everything still works fine and I enjoy it during the summer.
IMG_2334.JPG
IMG_2328.JPG
IMG_2342.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back