NOT MINE 1971 Chrysler newport $11,000

Neither should be a factor of such a clean car.
I can honestly say if that's a Dodge or Plymouth it would have sold for twice the asking and within minutes

Nice Newport. The selling price they quote is very reasonable.

I’m not a big fan of a vinyl interior in general, or a vinyl front bench seat in particular. I’d change those into ’70 Newport buckets and matching rear seat. I’d also ditch the 2-barrell for a 4-barrell and a matching cam. Other than that, I’s a beautiful car.
I'd do 4V thing too (guess a different cam goes with that or it wont act right?).

Dunno about you folks, I just dig it the sound/fury of a RB kick-down and/or the rush of all four open out on the "turnpike". Reminds me of my formative years in these floating hotrods with the family.

I would stay way from interior swaps (though I do like those C "buckets) but would try to get some correct road wheels. Wouldnt mess with anything else on an otherwise original sled. :)

like @polara71 said, i am surprised this one is still hanging around unsold in the area of $10 large. like you @330dTA, that ask seems reasonable if not a tad lower thB I would ostensibly have expected from what's advertised.

hope it finds a good home. no @commando1, i really am NOT a player here on this one. If I was, it would have been in/on it way to the fleet warehouse by now. :poke:

I would love to see the tag. The invoice states "gray" as the color. Some of the photos make this Newport look GB2, but the trunk pics make me doubt that. @73Coupe may chime in, as I think that his 1971 NYer is the same GA4 color. And if that is right, then @Walter Joy may want to add CE23L1F167996 to his list of GA4 C-bodies.

From the ad: "The mileage is original at 29,139. It’s a 383 with a 2 barrel and starts right up. The entire car is original except for the 4 tires and the alternator. We still have the original 2 front tires in the trunk and we still have the rear snow tires. Interior is in great shape. Car was in storage but has been outside since 9/15/23. The person that owned the car was Ralph Hollweg chief architect for Robert Moses at the 1964 Worlds Fair in Flushing Meadows, NY. He bought it in 1971 and he died in 1973. His wife Rose kept the car in a heated garage and had it driven once a year for an annual inspection until she passed away in 2001. My dad bought it and barely drove it. When running it a few years ago inside the garage the battery overcharged and caps blew off causing some minor damage to the fender and under the hood, some paint has peeled off. It has not been registered or insured since 2019 but we started it frequently and drove it a couple miles from storage to where it is presently. "

View attachment 618723

View attachment 618724

View attachment 618725

View attachment 618726

View attachment 618727

View attachment 618728

View attachment 618729

View attachment 618730

That sure looks like GA4 to me!

No fender tag yet.
Does have it's certicard.

1000014087.png

I was also told by the previous owner it was sold.
Thanks for posting the trim tag.

For a grey car it sure looks blue! I thought that the certicards ended with the slabs, and the numbers don't appear to match up. Does anyone know if fuselages came with them?

Yeah, I noticed that. It's just what the guy had with the car. Must be for a different car the original owner had?
Isn't the certicard just a warranty card for information anyway? What was it's use?

Maybe it was an option, but I can't recall ever seeing a 71 Newport with fender skirts.
It gives the car a whole different look.

The fender skirts as an option cost $37.40 (list price) back then. Not cheap, that's probably why it wasn't selected often.

dumb question, would that mean that when the rear quarters were stamped, the car with skirts would be an entire different qtr?

Last edited:
I like them on this car. Having fender skirts on this Newport either with or without the fender skirts works for me.
But on the other hand, some 71 Chryslers look naked without the fender skirts, like the New Yorker, especially with the side trim.

Back