NOT MINE 1971 Chrysler newport $11,000

I would love to see the tag. The invoice states "gray" as the color. Some of the photos make this Newport look GB2, but the trunk pics make me doubt that. @73Coupe may chime in, as I think that his 1971 NYer is the same GA4 color. And if that is right, then @Walter Joy may want to add CE23L1F167996 to his list of GA4 C-bodies.

From the ad: "The mileage is original at 29,139. It’s a 383 with a 2 barrel and starts right up. The entire car is original except for the 4 tires and the alternator. We still have the original 2 front tires in the trunk and we still have the rear snow tires. Interior is in great shape. Car was in storage but has been outside since 9/15/23. The person that owned the car was Ralph Hollweg chief architect for Robert Moses at the 1964 Worlds Fair in Flushing Meadows, NY. He bought it in 1971 and he died in 1973. His wife Rose kept the car in a heated garage and had it driven once a year for an annual inspection until she passed away in 2001. My dad bought it and barely drove it. When running it a few years ago inside the garage the battery overcharged and caps blew off causing some minor damage to the fender and under the hood, some paint has peeled off. It has not been registered or insured since 2019 but we started it frequently and drove it a couple miles from storage to where it is presently. "

View attachment 618723

View attachment 618724

View attachment 618725

View attachment 618726

View attachment 618727

View attachment 618728

View attachment 618729

View attachment 618730
I love this car, rare to find without vinyl top.

Here's a pix with different wheels. I've gotten 350 miles on it since purchase, drives nice, I may let my NY go.

DSC07691.JPG

It does look good without the skirts! And now with the wheels, excellent! Hope you get the finish trim molding soon. They also had a plain rocker trim for Newport, not sure what year, but the clips are unobtainium.

Liking the new look on your Newport Mike.

It does look good without the skirts! And now with the wheels, excellent! Hope you get the finish trim molding soon. They also had a plain rocker trim for Newport, not sure what year, but the clips are unobtainium.
Thank-you, yes, I've purchased a couple of NOS pieces and will get them on this spring. I appreciate the help with the moldings

Stop by my shop. We'll change it out in an afternoon.

couple of pix of my floor pans, this car is a gem, notice the seat belt retainers my wife made. I think some older models had a plastic holder, these have Velcro to connect

DSC07700.JPG

DSC07750.JPG

DSC07752.JPG

not bad, sight unseen, I got an honest seller, trust me, I've got a horror story (ebay) under my belt. as nice as the Newport is, My New Yorker is in near excellent condition

DSC07456.JPG

Bought some AMD valve covers for the Newport, brighten things up, still have some NOS cans of Chrysler Blue paint

DSC07746.JPG

DSC07747.JPG

DSC07745.JPG

DSC07740.JPG

Bought some AMD valve covers for the Newport, brighten things up, still have some NOS cans of Chrysler Blue paint

View attachment 654983

View attachment 654984

View attachment 654985

View attachment 654987

Those’ll look purrdy when they’re all painted and on the car, I like the car now that it has no fender skirts and has the road wheels too by the way. That was a good choice you made. Is the plan to repaint the whole engine now with the new valve covers?

Back