For Sale 1971 Chrysler Newport Rust free California - $12000 (Providence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like knowing a cars origin. Where it started life is most important, so yes, I wanna know.
I can agree with that, but I don't get the sense that's why they list them this way. I think they do it for the same reason many people are hung up on the "one of" classification: trying to get more money.

I will admit, I saw a car in Hemmings today that interests me, but it's home in Michigan turned me off. I found myself wondering how the underside looks. Full of holes? If the same car were here that thought would nit have entered my mind.

But a car that is no longer in California is, to me, not a "California Car." Someone is trying to grab attention.

I can agree with that, but I don't get the sense that's why they list them this way. I think they do it for the same reason many people are hung up on the "one of" classification: trying to get more money.

I will admit, I saw a car in Hemmings today that interests me, but it's home in Michigan turned me off. I found myself wondering how the underside looks. Full of holes? If the same car were here that thought would nit have entered my mind.

But a car that is no longer in California is, to me, not a "California Car." Someone is trying to grab attention.

My Blue car is an Oregon car, gone to Washington State, Pennsylvania then Jersey. It is still an Oregon car.

A car in Michigan can be a California car...in my eyes. By this time in their life most are not gonna be abused in salt and snow.

$12K and can't tell us the mileage on it at least? Or like stated above some shots of the interior, etc.? One repaint doesn't help - it looks dull (plus it is tawny gold - yuck). Where is the garage for this beast, or do they leave it out all the time? I would like it better with the Royal original side trim sans the push bumpers. It could be a 360-2 too, but I actually don't mind those engines in C bodies.

So it is a "one" owner "California" car and this buyer in Boston buys the car, transports it all the way to the East Coast to turn around and sell it. I better stop there...

Well, folks, the car is once again for sale. Same text and pics as the first time, and same price. The main reason I mention it here is so that I can say that this dull paint job is not the best way to advertise GY9:

1971 Chrysler Newport (California / Rust free)

Its now in Rhode Island apparently. Those bumper guards would make it a good push vehicle! That rendition of tawny gold hurts my eyes. :stop:

Given that the Jalopnik link from 2008 references that car when it was in California, and said it sat outside all the time on the street, never in a garage, I would assume the interior is not very good or maybe redone. Either way, with no interior photos, I am going to assume it will be in poor shape or incorrect or maybe both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back