Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not much info but a phone number so……..
1971 dodge monico
00z0z_erhQR8wd9Eq_1200x900.jpg

00Y0Y_hqP6YCDjN5X_1200x900.jpg

Its been a couple years since I have seen a 71 Monaco 2 door for sale, with a 440 no less. But New York is scary, and it is outside at least for the photos..........................

Two photos and wants $15K. Outside mirrors are not original nor are the wheels. And a bumble bee stripe around the rear?

The guy should have bought a Polara, not a Monaco given the add-ons.

Easy fix , if that is all and if you,r looking for one……….
Asking 15k ... it can,t be a rotten / bad car ( yeah i know , lot of crazy sellers ) so it is a interesting car for the new owner……...

Its been a couple years since I have seen a 71 Monaco 2 door for sale, with a 440 no less. But New York is scary, and it is outside at least for the photos..........................

Two photos and wants $15K. Outside mirrors are not original nor are the wheels. And a bumble bee stripe around the rear?

The guy should have bought a Polara, not a Monaco given the add-ons.
I noticed all those things you mentioned immediately Steve. You beat me to it. Nice car nonetheless. Need more pictures to back up the price tag.

If you look closely the bumper seems to be rusting or has a spot without chrome above the headlights near the fender to hood gap. Passenger side. That stood out to me considering my Monaco is the same way....interior looks nice from the outside.

If you look closely the bumper seems to be rusting or has a spot without chrome above the headlights near the fender to hood gap. Passenger side. That stood out to me considering my Monaco is the same way....interior looks nice from the outside.

Good observation, Wyatt, suggesting it probably has been outside a long time in wet weather. I would take a paint coating thickness meter with me to check for bondo/rust repair in the past if I were interested in the car.

Only the 2nd 71 I've seen with a white interior.

Wyatt, remember my premonition, what, two weeks ago?

If the car saw significant time outside, those areas would be much worse.

I’d like to see more of this one.:thumbsup:

I would think if you own it you can spell it....M-o-n-a-c-o....
I know my typing and auto correct can be the cause , but really???

I had an interest until I found out it's been repainted and not in the original color.
Car is likely a PA car as it was bought from Carlisle 20 years go.
That's a high back bench , not buckets. Had a single exhaust, now a dual ...

I'm out
PART_1536760976820_IMAG0225.jpg
PART_1536760918406_IMAG0226.jpg
PART_1536760788332_IMAG0228.jpg
IMAG02291.jpg
IMAG02301.jpg
IMAG02311.jpg

Why would the chrome on a bumper wear away like that - any thoughts?

Acid rain from coal-fired power plants is the main culprit here in the north east. Spending a lot of time near a chemical plant will do it too. We have a very large Rohm & Haas chemical plant just north of Philadelphia, and old cars from that area will often have no plating left on the bumpers. It will attack the chrome plated pot metal too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back