1971 Dodge Polara Custom

Since the brochure shows a black tail light panel people think that they were available that way. Im just keeping things straight as your verbiage was questionable
You should know I know better then that, I've been paying close attention. I'd rather reuse the one thats already been painted, instead of painting up the one on the car, or one I have on the shelf.

Since your car is a tribute to one that had a blacked-out tail light panel, and since you will be changing your car from a triple-pickle to a meaner-looking black top / black interior car, I think that a black tail panel will be a fitting touch. I look forward to seeing the car finished -- and hope that you will be keeping the interior parts you remove, either to save another Custom or to keep options for this one.

Since the brochure shows a black tail light panel people think that they were available that way. Im just keeping things straight as your verbiage was questionable

Some......people maybe.

You should know I know better then that, I've been paying close attention. I'd rather reuse the one thats already been painted, instead of painting up the one on the car, or one I have on the shelf.

But others don't.

Update!!! Santa brought me some seats!!!

I installed them yesterday, that way nothing happens to them sitting around the shop.

I have black door panels, and a black dash to go in next.

20201207_160427.jpg

20201210_155355.jpg

20201210_155417.jpg

20201210_174133.jpg

20201210_174216.jpg

I installed them yesterday, that way nothing happens to them sitting around the shop.

I have black door panels, and a black dash to go in next.

View attachment 422054

View attachment 422055

View attachment 422056

View attachment 422057

View attachment 422058

You guys need to move up to Monaco - thats where you really want to be...........................just like Ma Mopar intended.....................................

1971-dodge-monaco-2008-215961-right-front-jpg.jpg

Leave the Polaras to the newbies...........................:steering::p

Your plan is moving ahead, looks great! The new seats are impressive -- very very nice.

Changing from green to black is not what I'd do (as you know), but then again it's an upgrade and the world is more fun if we all have our separate preferences :)

Will you be keeping the original green trim pieces and seats?

You guys need to move up to Monaco - thats where you really want to be...........................:p

Steve, are you trying to start WW3? :eek::D

Steve, are you trying to start WW3? :eek::D

Of course.

Car wars are just good elbowing. :poke:

Wyatt put Monaco seats in his Polara, so I thought it would be a good time to demonstrate where these Polara guys' hearts really are.

I am struggling to figure out why Wyatt says he disagrees with my thought and then says he would like to have a green Monaco some day to complement his Polaras??? I don't know what to believe???? :wideyed: :realcrazy:

But I really do.........................Wyatt wants a Monaco to do burnouts in rather than a more valued Polara that he wouldn't want to abuse..................:D

I dont like one car better then the other. They are both my favorite :)
I lean towards the Polara because it is the first C body I ever experienced...but now that I've had a bunch of them.... Options and colors mean a lot more to me now, and make or break some cars. Oh and sheetmetal without rust is a big factor too. :BangHead: It seems the 71 Monaco 2dr is infact the most difficult to find in nice shape.

They both have badass taillights, however the Monaco would have came out on top if they lit up all the way across. They really missed an opportunity there.

I don't mind the Monaco grille, but I think the Polara beats it. At least in the looks department. The Monaco grille/headlight bezels are metal and not plastic like the Polara. Less likely to crack or get broken.

The base model Polara interior for 71 was the coolest offering out of all of the models, the all black dash with chrome highlights, sweet medallion on the door panels.

I know these are technically Monaco seats, but not many will question that, and it doesn't bother me a bit. Now I can put my high back buckets and console I was considering for this green car into the orange 70 Monaco and fully Frankenstein it as well. 70 Monaco exterior, 71 Interior.

Just working with what I got.:steering:

But I really do.........................Wyatt wants a Monaco to do burnouts in rather than a more valued Polara that he wouldn't want to abuse..................:D
If we weren't supposed to be burning rubber with them, they wouldn't have made it so damn fun to do!

I dont like one car better then the other. They are both my favorite :)
I lean towards the Polara because it is the first C body I ever experienced...but now that I've had a bunch of them.... Options and colors mean a lot more to me now, and make or break some cars. Oh and sheetmetal without rust is a big factor too. :BangHead: It seems the 71 Monaco 2dr is infact the most difficult to find in nice shape.

They both have badass taillights, however the Monaco would have came out on top if they lit up all the way across. They really missed an opportunity there.

I don't mind the Monaco grille, but I think the Polara beats it. At least in the looks department. The Monaco grille/headlight bezels are metal and not plastic like the Polara. Less likely to crack or get broken.

The base model Polara interior for 71 was the coolest offering out of all of the models, the all black dash with chrome highlights, sweet medallion on the door panels.

I know these are technically Monaco seats, but not many will question that, and it doesn't bother me a bit. Now I can put my high back buckets and console I was considering for this green car into the orange 70 Monaco and fully Frankenstein it as well. 70 Monaco exterior, 71 Interior.

Just working with what I got.:steering:

This is really all in good fun with me Wyatt - I truly believe a person should do with his car as he pleases, not to satisfy anyone else. While I may like certain models it does not affect me in any way if someone disagrees at all. I think you know me pretty well. Of the fuselage models, overall, I like the 71 300s most and number 2 is the 71 Monaco and 71 Imperial - a vitual tie in my case. Number 3 is the 1970 Sport Fury GT - styling isn't everything for me either and I also factor in comfort and quality features as well. Others may vary in their preferences and that is great!

In the big picture of things, this is just a hobby for me and as such, I will not get worked up about anything car related. I am just glad there is a site like this where we can share our interests and have a little fun.

It is a good break from real life...........................

Enjoy!!

I think 1971 Monacos and Polaras look the best if you install 1970 grilles and rearbumpers:):poke:

Let the red x-ses fly:):p:eek:

Carsten
And I prefer the slabsides over all of them(fuselage).

Now we should get some red x-ses!:rolleyes:

Back