1971 newport tire size

GABRIEL has a nice line of shocks, that I installed on my 1970 300. Go to Rock Auto. Yes, it is possible that yours are too short. Keep us posted!
PS. You need to check the EXTENDED shock length. The Gabriel's are about 2.5 inches longer that the Monroe's. This will give you the extra suspension drop that you probably need for east tide removal and installation.

PS. You need to check the EXTENDED shock length. The Gabriel's are about 2.5 inches longer that the Monroe's. This will give you the extra suspension drop that you probably need for east tide removal and installation.
The 1968 New Yorker shock that you installed does not have enough extended length for you 1971. That is your problem. Not enough suspension drop. The Gabriel's are 25.14" extended. The others are about 22-23". I hope this helps and that you have ordered the correct ones. I did plenty of investigation before I ordered mine a couple years ago. Good luck.

Well, I'm done. Monroe 32073, piece of cake and the winner is: floor jack on the side of the car one @ a time. you will be receiving your free ticket to Aruba with sex star of your choice. I wish. anyway, I've decided to leave the skirts off, but that creates an issue. NO wheel house moldings. The car came with them on the front but nothing on the rear, not that it compares to the issue in Ukraine but I'm sure someone will say something. pix to follow

DSC07687.JPG

DSC07688.JPG

DSC07689.JPG

Great move on taking the skirts off in my eyes!

Murray should have the rear wheel lip moldings or if not there are still some wrecking yards around the country that should have some. Or, better yet if you got some cash for Christmas you could get them NEW from Len Dawson's Deception Pass Motor parts:

LocQuanityPart #DescriptionApplicationPrice
L63504362RR WHL OPENING MLDG (SA 3514080)C 70 N’PT 440, CUST, 71 N’PTS110
B-2033504363LR WHL OPENING MLDG (SA 3514081)C 70 N’PT 440, CUST, 71 N’PTS110

Or, if you didn't get as much cash as you would have liked, you could save $50 and get the left rear from our own Marty at Arizona Parts - I think it would be NOS or Perfect Used but check with him to be sure if you only want NOS:

Part NoDescriptionYearQuantityPrice
3504363LR WHEEL OPENING MOLDING U35140811970-71 NEWPORT1$60.00

Well, I'm done. Monroe 32073, piece of cake and the winner is: floor jack on the side of the car one @ a time. you will be receiving your free ticket to Aruba with sex star of your choice. I wish. anyway, I've decided to leave the skirts off, but that creates an issue. NO wheel house moldings. The car came with them on the front but nothing on the rear, not that it compares to the issue in Ukraine but I'm sure someone will say something. pix to follow

View attachment 635090

View attachment 635091

View attachment 635092
Tires are backwards. Where are the white walls? :poke:

ah, another winner, 1st to catch no ww, I'm going black walls, I like it with gunmetal aka windchester

yes sir, raining cats/dogs here, I'm curious myself, I spent most of my Mopar career, (That's what I call it, wife says sickness ) with black walls, only exception was 440-6 1970 Challenger R/T, Mr. Norm car survivor. I went with Raised white ltr. when I came over to C bodies it was appropriate for ww

View attachment 635090

View attachment 635091

View attachment 635092
Hold on. Before the new shocks, etc, were you trying to install the tires with the skirts on??

not that dumb, pix for consideration, don't hold back on black walls with road wheels and no skirts

DSC07691.JPG

DSC07690.JPG

DSC07692.JPG

DSC07549.JPG

Wheel openings now look much better balanced and not goofy in the rear. I like it much better now and it is a huge improvement over as-bought. I still prefer whitewalls, but with road wheels, not bad. Nice work!

Back