1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT Brogham & U code Super Comando

My top tech is very nervous about layin a hand on her D he figures there will be a crowd standing around him making sure he doesnt scratch it lol.
Maybe I could give some experience on my vert. I need to get the console shift linkage adjusted, the other day I put it in Park and the silly car started to roll away. Was a little crazy, I was out of the car by the front fender when it started rolling down the lane-way. I had to catch up, then run around what felt like a 10' door to hit the brake. My fat old body hasn't moved that fast for over 20 years!
:rofl:

Maybe I could give some experience on my vert. I need to get the console shift linkage adjusted, the other day I put it in Park and the silly car started to roll away. Was a little crazy, I was out of the car by the front fender when it started rolling down the lane-way. I had to catch up, then run around what felt like a 10' door to hit the brake. My fat old body hasn't moved that fast for over 20 years!
:rofl:
That got me laughing. Thanks.
:lol:

A young guy (20 ish) showed up one Saturday with a 67 Coronet he had just bought. He wanted to have someone set his carb and timing. The car was unrestored but pretty good shape but was idling too low. After asking all the techs on duty (20-30 year olds) who knew how to set up a BB carb and getting answers like "the only carb I've worked on was briggs & stratton in high school" they ended up asking me. I asked the techs for a screwdriver, wrench and a timing light. I got the driver and wrench - no one had a timing light or had used one before so I went to the trunk of my 70 grabbed mine and showed the kid and my techs how to setup the Carter and the timing. So that said don't worry Derek my shop foreman who wasn't on duty that Saturday is old enough and experienced enough to do the OOP inspection....I asked to see his timing light and he had one lol.

Maybe I could give some experience on my vert

More than welcome to bring her out to the store Bill. Actually besides myself we have several classics owned by staff. 49 Jeep MB, 51 Dodge pickup, 75 Jeep CJ, 70 Dodge D100 etc so we are not entirely lost on these old girls. My 19 year old apprentice who owns the 49 is great with the older stuff - grew up working with his Dad on several Hot Rods. Real sharp kid. Ill get you the staff discount lol

A young guy (20 ish) showed up one Saturday with a 67 Coronet he had just bought. He wanted to have someone set his carb and timing. The car was unrestored but pretty good shape but was idling too low. After asking all the techs on duty (20-30 year olds) who knew how to set up a BB carb and getting answers like "the only carb I've worked on was briggs & stratton in high school" they ended up asking me. I asked the techs for a screwdriver, wrench and a timing light. I got the driver and wrench - no one had a timing light or had used one before so I went to the trunk of my 70 grabbed mine and showed the kid and my techs how to setup the Carter and the timing. So that said don't worry Derek my shop foreman who wasn't on duty that Saturday is old enough and experienced enough to do the OOP inspection....I asked to see his timing light and he had one lol.

timeing light....check
white gloves....

Make sure to remind the tech about the left-hand lug nuts :)
No worries there, Paul replaced mine with rht and I'll bet he did the same on Derek's car.
The tech in question will need to clean his bay and wipe his tools and bring a fresh uniform for this job. Hope he isn't a nervous sweat kind of guy...
Stan Holecek of C & L Repair in Athol who builds the exhaust systems for Paul's cars does get a little worked up and tense when Paul arrives with is latest creation. Lots and lots of padding and shiny clean tools. The work Stan does meets and some time exceeds Paul's rather stringent standards. I expect he will be bending pipe for Derek's baby this week.

No worries there, Paul replaced mine with rht and I'll bet he did the same on Derek's car.

Stan Holecek of C & L Repair in Athol who builds the exhaust systems for Paul's cars does get a little worked up and tense when Paul arrives with is latest creation. Lots and lots of padding and shiny clean tools. The work Stan does meets and some time exceeds Paul's rather stringent standards. I expect he will be bending pipe for Derek's baby this week.

Happening today....cross.s fingers

Under orders not to post any phone pics of seats ect ...susposed to wait fer iPad pics....
Just a teaser....rear bumper and valance were mocked up for exhaust
0517162132.jpg
Phone pic.....
0517162132.jpg

Back