1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT Brogham & U code Super Comando

IMG_1607.JPG
IMG_1606.JPG
Car made the trip to border and back with minamil issues besides a lotta scramblein between Paul and myself but in the end got it done...no more bloody deadlines and beggin for extensions....
Anyway a pic....l like to know what's goin on with my engines...

Was a small hic up as well last week that has us doing some investigation...
Paul started car right up no issues on first crank and it ran great for a little while however we ran into a issue....hung valve
All parts were new and heads were redone along with new valve guides and seats...
Engine came out back out today for full inspection...will find out tommorow why that valve failed and stuck..pics of it stuck inplace...lucky there was no piston damage...**** happens...we'll sort out the whys in short order..Christense's putting us through our paces but lm betting on Paul
IMG_1604.JPG
IMG_1602.JPG
IMG_1600.JPG
IMG_1595.JPG
IMG_1599.JPG
IMG_1597.JPG

Wow, that's a lot better than a loose valve seat insert and way easier to fix.

All the problems with broker and deadlines, while a real PITA has really turned out to be a blessing in disguise. No more dead lines, no more broker, no more border drama, Paul can now travel to Canada and you can be sure that the car will be 100% when you get it. After that much TLC and fine tuning, you can be sure it will purr like a kitten and roar like a lion.
:canada::thumbsup::usflag:

Well D they say that " Good things come to those that wait" and "Only the good die young" ...I sure hope you wont have to wait too long seeing as how you will live forever....stay safe up north my friend! If you happen to find yourself at a little pub called Paddy Mcswiggins having a glass of water tell Gareth I say hi!

Well D they say that " Good things come to those that wait" and "Only the good die young" ...I sure hope you wont have to wait too long seeing as how you will live forever....stay safe up north my friend! If you happen to find yourself at a little pub called Paddy Mcswiggins having a glass of water tell Gareth I say hi!
...hell am in calgary right now dodging the hail like everyone else right now lol..man they get some wild weather here...watching some of the pics posted up of cloud systems and theyre pretty wild looking

...hell am in calgary right now dodging the hail like everyone else right now lol..man they get some wild weather here...watching some of the pics posted up of cloud systems and theyre pretty wild looking

Umm Hail? Uh oh I'd better go check on a few fragile plants and 66 300's

Umm Hail? Uh oh I'd better go check on a few fragile plants and 66 300's
Plants, yes. Don't worry about the 300. My 2dr Monaco went through those two nasty hailstorms in '14 and '15 that ran up 10K in damage to each of the vehicles parked next to it in my driveway without even a single dent.

Plants, yes. Don't worry about the 300. My 2dr Monaco went through those two nasty hailstorms in '14 and '15 that ran up 10K in damage to each of the vehicles parked next to it in my driveway without even a single dent.

Turns out we never had a drop fall all night here. With the cover on I don't worry too much :)

Turns out we never had a drop fall all night here. With the cover on I don't worry too much :)
Ditto here, not a drop.

Speaking of hail, in 1996 we had a super bad hail storm, between the house roof, cedar siding, the yard fence and my '95 Crown Victoria, the insurance claim was just over $30,000. The Fury was uncovered in the back yard and was hammered and survived with zero damage. Steel beats aluminum every time.

My 67 SF was in a parking lot with about 75 other cars back in the mid 80's down in Wichita Falls TX and almost every other car had thousands of damage ... many totaled. Mine was the only 60's car. Huge hail in that one

Fury had a couple dents in the stainless on the top of the door edge by the window (that may have been there already).

There were reportedly (in base paper) $Millions of dollars worth of damage to cars all over the base

My 67 SF was in a parking lot with about 75 other cars back in the mid 80's down in Wichita Falls TX and almost every other car had thousands of damage ... many totaled. Mine was the only 60's car. Huge hail in that one

Fury had a couple dents in the stainless on the top of the door edge by the window (that may have been there already).

There were reportedly (in base paper) $Millions of dollars worth of damage to cars all over the base
I couldn't believe the damage the Crown Vic suffered. The aluminum hood and trunk lid were just destroyed. The top of the fenders looked like they'd been worked over with ball peen hammer. All the brightwork around the windshield was dented. There was a rubber molding on the doors at the base of the windows glass and even it was dented. Found out it had an aluminum core and it was the core that was dented. Amazingly all the glass survived.

I couldn't believe the damage the Crown Vic suffered. The aluminum hood and trunk lid were just destroyed. The top of the fenders looked like they'd been worked over with ball peen hammer. All the brightwork around the windshield was dented. There was a rubber molding on the doors at the base of the windows glass and even it was dented. Found out it had an aluminum core and it was the core that was dented. Amazingly all the glass survived.

Did you end up repairing the Crown Vic?

Did you end up repairing the Crown Vic?
It was less than year old so the insurance covered it 100%. In Calgary there was a factory trained body shop owned by one of the big Ford dealers and they replaced all the damaged trim, hood, trunk lid and 'pulled' all the dents. The car was completely repainted. I drove the car until '06, gave it to one of my kids who drove it until '12 when it was sold. At 18 years old the paint was still mint with zero flaws. Interestingly that body shop is now owned by a group of dealers, Ford, Mopar, GM and a few imports. They are still the best.

Used to be owned by Woodridge Ford. A number of other dealers had their own body shops, but a number of years ago became affiliated with All Makes Collision which previously was Woodridge Ford. Here it gets confusing, their mast head says Wood Automotive Group and a bunch of dealerships are listed as affiliates. I suspect they are all either owned or controlled by Gerry Wood.
They are not cheap, but they use all new factory parts and when a repair is complete you are hard pressed to find any indication that work was even done. I normally steer clear of dealer service and all collision repair shops, but these guys are first rate.

I suspect they are all either owned or controlled by Gerry Wood.

You suspect correctly sir. They have a very good reputation. My own bodyshop in springbank is also very good. Lawrence does many vintage vehicles and just finished a 73 Cuda. They do a lot of detailing for the Okotoks Classic Car Auction. My owner just got back his 70 Dodge D100 done by them.

the brother in law was telling me Barret Jackson Auction is actully modeled after the Okotoks Auction...will query him a tad more next time were yakin

Back