fc7_plumcrazy

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I thought I have seen a lot.
But not yet a car without tires (but wheels) out of a container
1056071170.jpg

Dodge Polara 4-d HT 1971 | Skåne

Has a brown interieur. It is supposed to be in decent driver condition (for those who care)

Carsten

Looks like a goood solid straight car. Excuse me please, Im gonna be sick:BangHead:

seller wrote in the ad: rustfree, very original car in nice condition. Comes with original wheels (not in picture).

I guess he did it to have more space in the container to load other stuff

Wow, $9,480 USD the way it sits???

that was my first thought, too.

After a while I thought: Put the correct wheels/tires under it and it might sit there like a great car what it is supposed to be according to the seller.

So we might get fooled just by the look of the wheels

I would say this is a normal price for that kind of car i Sweden these days. Original wheels with new tires comes with the car.
I was in Florida in november and had an idea of buying av 1966 C10 truck for 3400 USD but i backed of when i realized that the shiping/tax costs would land on 4500 USD.
The USD is today 40% more expensive than 3 years ago for us poor Swedes that loves to import cars...

it is something most of our US friends don't realize. There is big difference in pricing a car being in the US compared to it being in Europe with all transportation, loading taxes custom etc paid.

Carsten

I realize it, I don't understand it. It appears to me more than half the cars that leave here are bought by someone flipping the car. They buy it from here for what they think is a cheap price and it ends up for sale on foreign soil for triple the buying price, sometimes more........unbelievable.

yes, I think so.

The problem is, as Hansson mentioned, a 3.500$ car in the US will make costs of 4.500$ till it is really in Europe. At that point it is an 8.000$ car without someone having earned a Dollar (or Euro) on it.

Europeans are used to buy a car they have seen in person. Buying "blind" usually rarely happens.
Due to that some dealers buy and import cars for a profit as some folks don't want to take the risk buying a car sight unseen. If the dealer has spent 8.000$ already (for a 3.500$ car) they usually will put a 11.000$ price tag on it.

Carsten

I have been wondering what happened to this car. It was at Carlisle more than a decade ago., probably fifteen years. If I recall it is a small block car that had frame rust issues.
Being a special the car was built without body side moldings from the factory.

Not many left here.....

frame issues?
I wonder if the buyer (importer) knows about them....

But times have really changed.
A friend of mine bought this one 4 years ago for 3.500$. He sold it a couple of years ago but regrets it. 383 triple green car.

alamo524pkhyixs7uj.jpg

alamo5224q3pu09vs2.jpg

I believe I remember that Cs are for sale....without the wheels?

Like I said, not many left.

The last two door Brougham I recall seeing for sale was in California, and that had a bench seat..... The Broughams are non existent

I believe I remember that Cs are for sale....without the wheels?

Like I said, not many left.

The last two door Brougham I recall seeing for sale was in California, and that had a bench seat..... The Broughams are non existent

my T-code in FQ5 is a Brougham.
But not really a 71 currently

it is something most of our US friends don't realize. There is big difference in pricing a car being in the US compared to it being in Europe with all transportation, loading taxes custom etc paid.

Carsten

For exemple, the 1970 300 body i bought last year for 1000$ costed me 3300€ to import in france...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back