NOT MINE 1971 sport fury GT

69monaco

Reaction score
Members car........ Sport fury GT | Classic Cars | Windsor Region | Kijiji

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

The car does have quite a back story prior to the seller's attempt to "restore" it by using the majority of a 4 door sedan.
In his thread it depends who you ask if it is a rebody or restoration.
As far as I am concerned, given the provenance of this GT it is another one saved.
I saw this car 20 years ago sitting in National Moparts yard minus powertrain.
Nigel sure can tell you about this car for sure.

rebody or restoration

That's always a blurry, yet hard line with people when it comes to restorations. I think he has done a damn good job at grafting the two together.

Its an 8500 dollar 4 door Fury with chunks of a GT grafted to it.

Its not the GT anymore, and won't be ever again.

Believing it is a GT would be like me sticking my 71 Polara Broughams front clip, doors, tags, etc onto my FK5 shell, and saying I restored my Polara Brougham.

In such a severe case the only real difference is the order in which things were cut apart and whether the numbers on the body were suspended on wires on a rotisserie while replacement metal is reformed around them or cut tags go in another body.
The physical car is the same afterwards.

The car was very rough, but salvageable and could have been restored.

Not anymore. GT is history.

All you'll end up with is a non #s matching drivetrain in a 4dr converted to a 2dr with body stampings that dont match the fender tag or vin.

Well of course, either order you cut things you need to cut all the numbers out

So if the owner had used a 2 door parts car and nos sheetmetal would be a resurrection or a rebody?
Same result with no intent to defraud anyone
Attention all of the "harbor gate keepers to the Port of Mopar" - btw i saw other fender tags posted in other threads without :authorization:
Red Alert

That is some very talented restoration work and i see talent like this is rampant here

Missing pictures to keep the pieces of the puzzle in order. So without going into a long read I take it he grafted a 2 door roof and quarter section onto a 4 door unibody?

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

I thought I recognized this car. Huh this is unexpected to see, maybe he ran out of funds to finish it? He did a great job combining the 2 cars together though

Back