For Sale 1972 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham NM Canadian

Status
Not open for further replies.

coco

Reaction score
Contact seller
1972 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham | Classic Cars | Oshawa / Durham Region | Kijiji

Toronto car, fugly wheels and $8k canadian

$_59.JPG

$_.JPG

I'd keep the wheels. They're pretty good looking.
Let the DISAGREES begin...

No "X-ing" from me chief. None yet, none ever planned.

Anyway, I keep wheels too .. Mopar 10-spokes are cool on C's to me. I respect all alternative views -- started a whole big a**thread on such things :)

Oh yeah, the car. dig it too. $5800 in Ben Franklins feels ok to start the dialogue, though i am not a buyer right now. Hope it finds a good home

More for posterity.

Seller description:

Up for sale is my uncles 72 New Yorker. Car is insured and registered. Due to health reasons he’s looking to sell. He’s the second owner and has had it for the past 25 years.

the car has always been on the road hasn’t missed a summer. Always stored inside for the winter months. Car has a long list of maintenance including the most recent rebuilding the transmission. Also last year he put all new shocks and Mickey Thompson tires.

Car is fully equipped for the year and has all the electric bells and whistles. (A/C , dual exhaust power everything ect...)

Engine is a 440 that runs perfect! The car has never been in a accident or painted, its 100% original. Has some patina but not perforated.

Car will need some cosmetic work to be a show car but it’s a runner! It drives perfectly, turn key and go. No work required in that department. Cars located in Whitby

$_59 (1).jpg
$_59.jpg
$_59 (4).jpg
$_59 (2).jpg
$_59 (3).jpg

Last edited:
Yep I actually don’t mind the wheels on this car, what I do mind is the unnecessary half of the asking price.

Yep I actually don’t mind the wheels on this car, what I do mind is the unnecessary half of the asking price.

I don't know, Matt. The asking price seems pretty reasonable, if the car is truly rust free, etc. Let's see: 8K Canukian is what - $2500 US?

I like the wheels as well, She needs White walls though IMO, Just like ^^^ Gives it a Classy Attitude kinda look.

Wheels are fine, I've seen worse, easy change anyway. I'd question the 28k km, (<18k miles), though. Rolled over I'd say. Nice car none the less though!

Looks like a pretty decent car. Nice that it has buckets. Like the MIrada alum wheels, but needs some pricey whitewalls AND a stock air cleaner. I suspect that factory acrylic enamel paint might shine up pretty well, considering it's been "up north" it's whole life (compared to the more direct sun in TX or similar). Hope it finds a nice home.

CBODY67

The wheels are not my cup of tea on this car (though @cbarge shows that with white walls and a nice car they can looks great), but that just means the effective buying price is lower (just resell the wheels to someone who wants them). I don't like the patina and the triple-green either, though, so I am out. This said, the price seems like a reasonable starting point if the metal is "not perforated" (using the seller's words)--especially as the car is described as a good runner that needs nothing other than cosmetics.

A couple more pics for records. @Jeffrey Robidoux @oliver @slamabad

$_598.jpg

$_593.jpg

Last edited:
i think it needs whitewalls.......
i was sorting things in the basement the other day, n rediscovered
3 sets of restored doba wheels, 2 sets of restored mirada wheels.
and then i remembered i have more sets of unrestored of both
and road wheels, and salon / magnum gt wheels :realcrazy:

20200421_144052_resized.jpg

20200421_144519_resized.jpg

View attachment 372461

View attachment 372462

AND thats when rational thoughts need to prevail and run ...

View attachment 372461

View attachment 372462

Well I don't feel so bad about my hoard now.....:poke:

View attachment 372461

View attachment 372462
I'll take a set!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back