1972 Dodge Monaco wagon, my 1st C body Mopar!

Thanks for the kind words Franco. I've had an absolute blast this year slowly correcting things. Seems like the hunt for parts is almost more fun than replacing them. This year Wyatt, Manny, and I have probably driven close to 2,000 miles together tracking down parts.
Good times, and good times to come!

Last edited:
Hey BLIMP, how are you keeping all that bare metal from rusting?
The previous owner began prepping for paint, and stopped at the point you see here. He thought it had a tasteful look to it, which I have to agree with. He added a unique pattern on the hood and tailgate by primering over an old tablecloth.
When I had the wagon shipped here early in the year, it was covered in road grime and the bare metal spots had a light coat of flash rust on them.
Xc.jpg
This summer my family and I scoured the entire car with green pads to get back down to the bare metal.
20180607_125929.jpg
20180617_113620_001.jpg
Then I rattle canned the entire body [satin enamel clear coat] to protect it, until I get around to painting it. Most people like the look of it in person, it's really different. Kind of neat to see that after all these years, it doesn't seem to have had many coats of paint.
20180612_192814.jpg

Last edited:
The previous owner began prepping for paint, and stopped at the point you see here. He thought it had a tasteful look to it, which I have to agree with. He added a unique pattern on the hood and tailgate by primering over an old tablecloth.
When I had the wagon shipped here early in the year, it was covered in road grime and the bare metal spots had a light coat of flash rust on them. View attachment 226496 This summer my family and I scoured the entire car with green pads to get back down to the bare metal. View attachment 226497 View attachment 226499 Then I rattle canned the entire body [satin enamel clear coat] to protect it, until I get around to painting it. Most people like the look of it in person, it's really different. Kind of neat to see that after all these years, it doesn't seem to have had many coats of paint.View attachment 226498
It is cool to see in person.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:This is way cool how you made retro cool. Incorporating your through back method and including your daughter as part of the experience great beyond words. I hope it continues and that smile never leaves her face. Well done.

Thank you David. My wife and all 5 kids have have given valuable assistance at one time or another. Sure makes a difference when everyone is on board.
Last week I worked on a busted up washer bottle and patched it up enough to where the bad spot is not too noticeable. Much better than what I had!
20181116_184407.jpg
20181116_185847.jpg
20181123_141502.jpg
20181123_141919.jpg
20181124_154633.jpg
20181127_110557.jpg

Nice car and enjoy the pix. On the subject of wagon parts. I'm looking for the rear tailgate chrome (plastic) level knob for 1969 Monaco
DSC04782.JPG
DSC04936.JPG

Wow that's a great looking wagon you have there! I'm pretty sure Wyatt (71Polara383) has a couple extra knobs...actually Manny (70SportSuburban) might have an NOS one if I remember correctly.

I'll see what I have at home I may have 4 or 5 of them. Not sure on the condition I'll post a pic later.

That pix was taken some months ago, but yes, we had a few flurries up here today but no snow on the ground. I moved to Chilton, Wi up near Appleton, Wi and like everyone, the wagons been in the garage. We have big things planned for this summer.

That pix was taken some months ago, but yes, we had a few flurries up here today but no snow on the ground. I moved to Chilton, Wi up near Appleton, Wi and like everyone, the wagons been in the garage. We have big things planned for this summer.
Bringing it to Minnesota in very early June?

Now that's a collection, how about a price on the nicest one that's not cracked?
None cracked just the chrome is not the best some will clean up ok. If you want one of them I'll just mail it to you. If you wanna PM me your info I'll pick the best one out and send you a pic.

Back