NOT MINE 1972 Dodge Polara Custom

67newport

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
not mine

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1972-dodge-polara-broomfield-co-2704103
127439712.jpg
127439711.jpg
127439713.jpg
127439788.jpg
127439789.jpg
127441114.jpg
127441088.jpg
127441175.jpg
127441178.jpg

1972 Dodge Polara Custom
2 Door Hardtop

Very rare C Body Fuselage car. 100% original (note - original wheels with mounted tires and hubcaps are in the trunk.

Only 96,044 original miles and two owners! First 40 years with the same family in California and the last 11-12 years in my garage kept collection in Colorado.

Per the previous owner, the 400 V8 engine had the top end rebuilt (double roller timing gears and chain were installed, new hardened valves and seats were set in and a new 2-barrel carburetor was also installed). A newer heavy duty radiator and new exhaust system (muffler and pipes) were installed as well.

The AC system was retro-fitted to R134A, was recharged and works great. A brand new battery was just installed a couple of days ago. Power brakes (front disc) and power steering. Previous owner was a veteran mechanic and kept this really cool (and rare) C Body automobile in top running shape.

The engine starts right up and idles perfectly. Transmission shifts smoothly and the car runs very, very well, with no issues whatsoever.

The exterior paint color is "Sand" and is somewhat faded. The passenger side front fender was dinged/dented in a minor mishap under the previous ownership. It was repaired and primed, however not repainted to match. The body is rust free and super straight. My goal was to repaint the car, but I never got around to it. The color of the vinyl top is "Chestnut Brown". The top is weathered/faded and a slight build-up can be felt/seen in a couple of spots, otherwise it is in very good to great condition.

The chrome and stainless components are in excellent shape , including the bumpers. The original jack assembly, spare tire (newer) and trunk mat are in good original shape. All glass is in outstanding condition.

The beige/white vinyl upholstery with tan colored dash and carpet are in great condition. A small tear is visible on the driver seat upright and bottom of drivers door. The instrument panel, headliner and side panels are in excellent/outstanding condition. The carpet is in very good to great condition as well. There are about three or four small cracks on top of the dash; bottom left corner shows a minor crack. Overall, this fairly rare car is a fine and dependable driver and near excellent as-is!

The new owner will have a few options (as I did) - Enjoy the car as-is, or paint the passenger side fender to match the original color, buff and polish the existing overall finish to a new shine, OR repaint the entire car. Really, just a cosmetic refresh would be sufficient to have a really awesome automobile, perfectly suited for car shows and pride of ownership.

The car has been under my care (a collector) for nearly 12 years and has not been driven much. Due to age and health, I am now thinning out my collection and offering this very nice example of a rare rust-free , C Body Fuselage example at the reasonable price of $18,950; I may be somewhat negotiable with the most appreciative buyer. These early 70's vehicles are not very seldom available for purchase. Don't miss this rare opportunity!

Please call 303-941-1765 for questions or more details. NO texts. Serious inquiries only.

The car is sold as-is, where is. NO warranties and/or guarantees provided. Potential buyer(s) are welcome and encouraged to inspect the car in person (or have it inspected), to ensure their satisfaction.
Shipping and transport arrangements and any/all associated costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
Payment by bank wire only.
Please No third party selling services and/or scammers.
Thank you for looking.

1693751208353.gif

Back