1972 Monaco Wagon...getting it roadworthy.

1972 Monaco Wagon 110.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 111.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 116.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 78a.jpg

Scored a replacement grille from the burnt Monaco that Carmine ended up with. Also got the wheels and tires. One tire was crispy lol

Old windshield set in place for now.

Dave

Dave

1972 Monaco Wagon 122.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 123.jpg

These are the clips that hold your windshield mouldings on...you just have to carefully pry them back to release the moulding. Patience!

Dave

1972 Monaco Wagon 120.jpg

My broadcast sheet is there! But its holding in by the front spring...slightly wrapped. Have to take the seat out to get it. Its actually quite brittle. Where else have you found Broadcast sheets in C-bodies?

Dave

View attachment 127686

My broadcast sheet is there! But its holding in by the front spring...slightly wrapped. Have to take the seat out to get it. Its actually quite brittle. Where else have you found Broadcast sheets in C-bodies?

Dave
I've seen them under the pass seat and on top of the glove box but have heard they can pretty much be anywhere.

1972 Monaco Wagon 127.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 131.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 132.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 126.jpg

The vinyl is actually quite nice, the crank handles need to be replaced with nicer originals as well as the bases and two front armrests. I was thinking of trying to dye the carpet back to black....What to do with the woodgrain? Need some suggestions!!!

Dave

1972 Monaco Wagon 135.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 136.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 137.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 139.jpg

I got working hide-a-ways! The operation is actually getting smoother with some use. Another thing that probably didn't move for 30 years.

Dave

Love it! I always thought that year and model Dodge had one of the most unique and beautiful front ends ever! And I loved the different way Chrysler did their wood paneling on these fusies. Having it go up over and around the windows really added to their overall presence, imho.

1972 Monaco Wagon 141.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 146.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 149.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 151.jpg

Front seat out and broadcast sheet secured...I couldn't even do it...I had all the springs out of the way with a long prybar and still could get the front spring to release...my daughter said let me try and before I could finish saying be careful she had it in her hands....

What the heck do you think someone added this switch for?

Don't let them tell you that all Canadian cars are rusty messed and to be avoided.

This is where I am at as of yesterday.

Dave

HA-HA, Ill do that Dave. And you contact me when you're done tweakin' on it and plan on making Moparfest and I'll do what I can to fly up and supply the St Pauli for ah few thirsty solez, Jer

I have been moving so slow, I should already be driving it. I have a few projects on the go. I would like to have it ready for this Moparfest. If I don't get further along I may let someone else take a shot at it.

Dave

View attachment 127679 View attachment 127680 View attachment 127681 View attachment 127683

Scored a replacement grille from the burnt Monaco that Carmine ended up with. Also got the wheels and tires. One tire was crispy lol

Old windshield set in place for now.

Dave

Dave

A most excellent score there, Dave. That is a very clean and surprisingly rust free wagon. I really like the look of the front end grill, etc. I think its the best looking C-Body front end there is.

View attachment 127686

Dave
I found 3 from my 73 T&C. There was pieces under drivers seats, almost good under 3rd seat and pretty good one inside passenger front seat back rest:thumbsup:

Broadcast sheets are everywhere. Behind seat springs, top and bottom, front and back. Atop the glove box liner, under carper, above headliners, rear interior panels. I believe Will found one one the front frame rail. I located one on my 72 Challenger between the gas tank and the mat. Bottom line is,you're likely to find one anywhere

View attachment 127691 View attachment 127692 View attachment 127693

Back seat is nice, it got hot in there. Front seat is really starting to open up. Have to find a local place for a repair.

Dave
Like those bucket seats a lot. I have some faded fake-wood-vinyl in my door panels too. I know a buy who can 'print' vinyl but I don't know if the technology has advanced to where it could repair something like this in a satisfactory end quality at a reasonable 'per unit' cost. I really like the black interior, looks very elegant. I suspect in the next 5-15 years that 3D printers will advance to where "one off" replacement parts will be affordable to the average Joe. But right now we have to network hat in hand and/or scour the internet/swap meets and hope for an estate sale one in a million find...

View attachment 127698 View attachment 127699 View attachment 127700 View attachment 127701

Front seat out and broadcast sheet secured...I couldn't even do it...I had all the springs out of the way with a long prybar and still could get the front spring to release...my daughter said let me try and before I could finish saying be careful she had it in her hands....

What the heck do you think someone added this switch for?

Don't let them tell you that all Canadian cars are rusty messed and to be avoided.

This is where I am at as of yesterday.

Dave
CB radio? It's lonely out there in Alberta.

View attachment 127687 View attachment 127688 View attachment 127689 View attachment 127690

The vinyl is actually quite nice, the crank handles need to be replaced with nicer originals as well as the bases and two front armrests. I was thinking of trying to dye the carpet back to black....What to do with the woodgrain? Need some suggestions!!!

Dave
I just noticed your carpet looks to be the same color as mine. I call it 'dirty gold'. I am getting color swatches sent to my house from an aftermarket carpet shop: www.stockinteriors.com

Back