1972 Monaco Wagon...getting it roadworthy.

Yeah, I know. I wasn't understanding the questions in line with the photos. After I had gone back a read the post a few time it was more clear.....

The carpet on my door panels should be black....they are just faded. Has anyone had any luck dying carpet?

Dave
Hell Yeah, And it comez in little red 'n white boxez with the word "Ritz" in bold letterz printed on 'um. And yes rubber glovez and ah sponge paint brush are required for application. Jer

Thank you for saving a special wagon (they're all special now). It will be great!

I think the Rit may be off the market now, but I will look for another product.

Thanks,
Dave

I have found that vinyl spray actually works very well on my carpets, at least the black ones. The spray cans even mention that as one of the applications. Even lightly sun bleached carpets look like new again.

1972 Monaco Wagon 155.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 156.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 158.jpg
1972 Monaco Wagon 160.jpg
Went to a Mopar Show on Saturday and got a couple of small parts for the Monaco...winning lol
Nice thing about this car it is soo original but someone still managed to strip out a marker hole. My fix is just to add a bit of scrap wire in the hole and then screw in. Doesn't have to be overly tight. Micky Mouse I know...what do you guys do?

Dave

I have found that vinyl spray actually works very well on my carpets, at least the black ones. The spray cans even mention that as one of the applications. Even lightly sun bleached carpets look like new again.

Is that a spray dye you have been using? If so what brand?
Thanks,
Dave

Is that a spray dye you have been using? If so what brand?
Thanks,
Dave

I use SEM - it seems to be the best, longest lasting for me. A backup is the Rustoleum brand usually available at Pep Boys if you have one in your area. I just needed black last time for my carpet, and it worked great too.

View attachment 129166 View attachment 129167 View attachment 129168 View attachment 129169 Went to a Mopar Show on Saturday and got a couple of small parts for the Monaco...winning lol
Nice thing about this car it is soo original but someone still managed to strip out a marker hole. My fix is just to add a bit of scrap wire in the hole and then screw in. Doesn't have to be overly tight. Micky Mouse I know...what do you guys do?

Dave
Whatever works. Maybe put a small piece of wood behind it held in place with your fingers another piece on the front and gently tap with a small hobby hammer to flatten the metal around the hole, if you can do it without damaging it further. Depends on how 'wallered out' it is, I suppose.

Back