1972 polara dome light plug

72polarbear

Reaction score
Working on the interior dome light so it’s not pitch black inside, took the one from my parts car since it has a switch. While disconnecting the old one the plug from car literally disintegrated. I can’t find a replacement one to wire in, does anyone know where to get one? Just the male plastic piece and the prongs to crimp to the wires that have the wire nuts.

0262CBA0-EEC0-4595-AB19-9F885D10F6D7.jpeg

Working on the interior dome light so it’s not pitch black inside, took the one from my parts car since it has a switch. While disconnecting the old one the plug from car literally disintegrated. I can’t find a replacement one to wire in, does anyone know where to get one? Just the male plastic piece and the prongs to crimp to the wires that have the wire nuts.

View attachment 593391
A parts wanted ad would be the best place to start.

I would cut the connector off, and use insulated bullet or spade connectors if you can't easily find one, or go to auto parts store and buy new male and female connectors and use that, whatever style. Save a lot of aggravation over something nobody is going to see.

I would cut the connector off, and use insulated bullet or spade connectors if you can't easily find one, or go to auto parts store and buy new male and female connectors and use that, whatever style. Save a lot of aggravation over something nobody is going to see.
Yea that’s what I decided to do, an a side note do you know what specific bulb is used, I tried some from some auto parts stores but the don’t work but I know it’s the bulbs since the unit is receiving power

Back