For Sale 1972 Polara wagon in AB

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a local show today, I was tracked down by a fellow who liked my wagon. He said he picked up a 72 that had been in a field for years. Turns out he is the new owner of this 72 and has found some of the hard to get parts already. He says it is real solid. I asked him to check in here and give us an intro.

That's great to hear that it is on the road to recovery. Hopefully the new owner signs up. I'd like to follow along with the progress.

Dave

Well I ended up buying this Monaco Wagon...I just couldn't stop thinking about it. I had been in contact with the original owner but decided to pass because of the distance and not being able to put eyes on it. Later as I seen it listed on Ebay and the Auto Trader I decided to contact the new owner. Easy communication, and very honest description. He did a major cleanup and started finding some good parts for it. Anyway I don't know why but I felt like I had to have it. So we struck a deal back in late April. Lucky the seller was a good guy because for the next few months I ended up getting $@%^ by transport companies...not a pleasant experience but last Thursday a truck did show up with this beauty. It was tough not knowing what the heck was going on but I really did appreciate the seller patience. A really good guy.

Its a neat car and I am happy that I own it. I've started to pick at it, got the tailgate open, (probably the first time in 30 years), got both drivers side doors working from the outside, and lubed up and oil sprayed those doors and window assemblies. Lots left to do and some parts to hunt down...luckily saforwardlook already sent me a pair of hard to find tail light lenses, and I have bought a 1971 thumbwheel AM/FM radio. It will be nice to find a 1972 black knob radio with the cassette lead but this one will do for now.

There are actually quite a few threads on this wagon already so I thought I would just update this one as it has quite a few as found pics. I am still learning about the car, some neat things are how original everything is like 6 of the 8 spark plug wires are dated 2/1972.

If someone comes across a nice dash pad please let me know! or a gas tank, a passenger side tail light lense, rallye centres and trim rings, any NOS parts etc...

Dave
Monaco 14.jpg
Monaco 18.jpg
Monaco 21.jpg
Monaco 16.jpg

Very cool. Looks like it might have finally ended up with it's forever family. Congratulations!

I watched this car on Kijiji for weeks even posted a thread about it. Seriously thought about buying it myself. Glad it went to a member here although I apologies in advance for being jealous:) it was close by as well 300Rag and I could have eyeballed it for you...

I watched this car on Kijiji for weeks even posted a thread about it. Seriously thought about buying it myself. Glad it went to a member here although I apologies in advance for being jealous:) it was close by as well 300Rag and I could have eyeballed it for you...
Before your time. Posts 9, 10, 11.

Hey whatever became of King Chrysler in Lethbridge? I am guessing they have been closed for quite some time? Do you Alberta guys know? I have a pic of an older dealer emblem but it appears the Monaco would have had a newer stick on style.

Monaco 19.jpg
Monaco 23.jpg

congrats..glad this one went to a good home as its been sitting to long

Hey whatever became of King Chrysler in Lethbridge? I am guessing they have been closed for quite some time? Do you Alberta guys know? I have a pic of an older dealer emblem but it appears the Monaco would have had a newer stick on style.

View attachment 87581 View attachment 87582

Wow that's a blast from the past! King Dodge became Mountainview Dodge which became Lethbridge Dodge a couple of years ago.

Wow that's a blast from the past! King Dodge became Mountainview Dodge which became Lethbridge Dodge a couple of years ago.

Thank you, I've been searching on the internet and I couldn't come up with anything.
I like to see the dealer sticker they used in 1972.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back