1973 CHRYSLER NEWPORT 2HT / SPECIAL SPRING EDITION - NAVAJO / - MODEL INFORMATION

Reaction score
Hi everyone in the C-Body group.
I have the original 73 Chrysler Newport in the Special Spring Edition Navajo and I need information about this Chrysler model.
I have questions:

- How many factories have the factory produced these vehicle models in 2HT, 4HT and 4D?
- Why was this model labeled Navajo?

Thanks for helping me find the answers.

Sean

1973 Chrysler Newport Navajo.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

SHIPPING (3).jpeg

The name comes right from the ad "Navajo Copper body color" and the Navajo style pattern on the seats.

I found this simple description of the model on the owner's website in Hungary.

v8cars.hu | 1973 Chrysler Newport

Navajo What does all this mean? This is one of the cars in a special 9,000-piece series. 6,000 4-door and 3,000 2-door units were born. The interior and exterior colors were selected in honor of the Navajo Indians on the inauguration of a newly opened Native American sanctuary. If they have already been exterminated, give them some memory, preferably one from which money comes. Either a reserve or a bullet, living in a free country ...

I think that you have it figured out: The Copper colored body (similar to the copper-colored skies at sunset in the American West), and the Navajo-inspired interior pattern, similar to historically colored Navajo blankets. Spring Special cars was just a marketing tool to get sales jumping when Spring arrived.

The Navajo Nation is doing well near Phoenix, Arizona. Indian reservations have their own police and governments. Historically poor, as many reservations are on economically-underdeveloped land, Navajos work and interact with White Americans and have the same rights as all Americans.

Come to America and visit the Great Southwest, and out Native American people. Maybe rent a new Mopar and enjoy our country.

Nice car and good luck with it. If u need any help I'm glad to offer my assistance! Check out my thread with the rebuilding of my Newport. Your Navajo looks like it will need some TLC.

I found this simple description of the model on the owner's website in Hungary.

v8cars.hu | 1973 Chrysler Newport

Navajo What does all this mean? This is one of the cars in a special 9,000-piece series. 6,000 4-door and 3,000 2-door units were born. The interior and exterior colors were selected in honor of the Navajo Indians on the inauguration of a newly opened Native American sanctuary. If they have already been exterminated, give them some memory, preferably one from which money comes. Either a reserve or a bullet, living in a free country ...
Where did you come up as your source for 6000 4 drs and 3000 2drs produced.I have a two door model and thru my research I was told Chrysler never kept track of this option package put on these cars.I could easily be wrong and would welcome your resources so I could back up a production number.Thanks

Where did you come up as your source for 6000 4 drs and 3000 2drs produced.I have a two door model and thru my research I was told Chrysler never kept track of this option package put on these cars.I could easily be wrong and would welcome your resources so I could back up a production number.Thanks

I found this information on the Hungarian website. I don't know the owner. This is not a confirmation of actual production. I am looking for information about this model with a special spring package, which was confirmed by the manufacturer Chrysler Motors Conporation. If it exists.

Hi everyone in the C-Body group.
I have the original 73 Chrysler Newport in the Special Spring Edition Navajo and I need information about this Chrysler model.
I have questions:

- How many factories have the factory produced these vehicle models in 2HT, 4HT and 4D?
- Why was this model labeled Navajo?

Thanks for helping me find the answers.

Sean

View attachment 522810

View attachment 522811

View attachment 522812

Did you get your car in western Colorado?

I have the exact same car with road wheels.I have owned for almost 21 years now and can be seen every year at the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle Pa It's a late built car with manufacture date of June 73.Had to have been close to the last one built with this option package.If anyone has any info on production numbers of this car I would love to hear from you .Thanks

It's great to see a two-door Navajo edition! The wheel opening bright trim on the rear wheels is most likely not original to the Newport but was standard on the Newport Custom.

Here is a vintage example of a Navajo blanket, it sure shows some simliarity to the color scheme of the Navajo-edition Newport:

ike-handgefertigte-indianische-navajo-decke-1870er.jpg

I think that you have it figured out: The Copper colored body (similar to the copper-colored skies at sunset in the American West), and the Navajo-inspired interior pattern, similar to historically colored Navajo blankets. Spring Special cars was just a marketing tool to get sales jumping when Spring arrived.

The Navajo Nation is doing well near Phoenix, Arizona. Indian reservations have their own police and governments. Historically poor, as many reservations are on economically-underdeveloped land, Navajos work and interact with White Americans and have the same rights as all Americans.

Come to America and visit the Great Southwest, and out Native American people. Maybe rent a new Mopar and enjoy our country.
Thank you for the great description of this Newport model and its color compiled along with the Navajo Indians and their lives. I would like to use part of this text to present this 73 Chrysler car at American car shows and meetings in Europe.

Back