1973 Chrysler Newport, complete, runs and drives, save this car

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbee_68

Reaction score
Contact seller
SOLD

1973 Chrysler Newport, 400-727, runs and drives, good brakes, cold air, NO RUST. Complete nice car. Buddy wants the motor and transmission for another project but the car is too nice to kill. Save this car from getting the drive train yanked and the body sent to the crusher. $2,500, pretty firm on the price. Biggest problem, no title. If you have no means of getting the title my buddy can help get a clean clear title. PM me and I will send you his phone number. Car is located in Texas, Dallas/Fort Worth area.

IMG_2649.JPG

IMG_2652.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but no title, no engine and no trans is a deal-killer for most, especially since Texas is a title state. A runner can be had in similar condition for less.

I'm assuming, that from the ad, he's selling the car as-is, running for $2,500, correct?

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but no title, no engine and no trans is a deal-killer for most, especially since Texas is a title state. A runner can be had in similar condition for less.

I'm assuming, that from the ad, he's selling the car as-is, running for $2,500, correct?

I don't understand your comment, no engine and no trans is a deal killer? No where in the description is the car offered for sale as a roller. Once the drive train is pulled the car is only worth scrap value...and will go to a junkyard.

The $2,500 price is car as is, running and driving, complete. Will come with bill of sale and most recent registration. For a texas buyer, buyer could apply for a bonded title. For out of state buyers, arrangements could be made for seller to get a bonded texas title. I'm assuming you could transfer to another state once the titled but the effort won't be made until there is a buyer. If the car gets parted or crushed then it would be a waste of money to title the car. If I had the money I would buy it from him and keep another mopar from getting crushed but all my money is tied up in restorations. I'm offering the members on this board a chance to buy this car complete for a reasonable price.

I understood where you were coming from right away. Best of luck with the sale, I hope someone steps up.

I opened this thread on my phone first, and about crapped my pants. I saw the 1st pic tiny on the phone. Thought it was my old car. Damn I miss her! Never should have sold her!

Good luck with the sale! It will take a while to move her. I had mine listed for over a year. Not much interest for the '73 cars...

Pie in the sky, who ever buys the car will tell you he's going to save it, maybe to pull on some heart strings and get a better deal. That car is destined for the scrap heap so let your buddy make as much as he can and use the drivetrain in something better.

so I don't get too Bashed here's my reasoning, Without addressing a single item on the car, assume the car gets bought for $2000 + retrieving it, $5-600 on the low end and then title fees (not tag or registration which are even more $$$) which here in Florida are around $450 not including the all the time and paperwork involved or what may be involved in Texas with paperwork.

There is a minimum of $3000-$3500 without addressing any item on the car itself. Most guys can find a local to them C-body for around that price point.

like I said destined for the scrap heap, at least all others become more valuable cause there is one less

Last edited:
Pie in the sky, who ever buys the car will tell you he's going to save it, maybe to pull on some heart strings and get a better deal. That car is destined for the scrap heap so let your buddy make as much as he can and use the drivetrain in something better.

so I don't get too Bashed here's my reasoning, Without addressing a single item on the car, assume the car gets bought for $2000 + retrieving it, $5-600 on the low end and then title fees (not tag or registration which are even more $$$) which here in Florida are around $450 not including the all the time and paperwork involved or what may be involved in Texas with paperwork.

There is a minimum of $3000-$3500 without addressing any item on the car itself. Most guys can find a local to them C-body for around that price point.

like I said destined for the scrap heap, at least all others become more valuable cause there is one less

Sad but very true.

Some things are better if they remain unsaid....

Not "always" the case. I had mine listed for $3k. Had some guys travel all the way down from MI to get her. Though, I had a clear title to go with it. You never know who may be interested. The title will be the deal breaker though....

The car is posted on craigslist local and supposedly a guy is coming to look at it tonight. I posted it a few hours ago so things don't look so bad for it. It's a running driving reliable car with a/c that works. Some one who just needs a car to get to work could drive it and buy it. At least if it does get parted out, it won't be by Mopar lovers like myself and my buds. My running/driving four door 68 coronet that I didn't have the heart to part out got scraped by the guy I sold it to so I know the feeling of betrayal! He is selling just the decklid for $1,000 on eBay. We will see what happens.

IMG_1967.JPG

The car SOLD to the first guy that showed up. He has been looking for one for years. The car will not be parts out. Another mopar saved!

Well, Congrats. However, No title, looking for one for years, sounds like a story to me. I guess I am cynical, see if it is still around in a couple months.

Excellent news, I wish the new owner luck in getting a title for it without too much hassle. One of my cars didn't have a title and I got one for it very easily and it only cost me 45 bucks a few years back here in MI. Some changes have been made here though and it is no longer that easy.

From what I gather, 68 coronet is a one year only decklid and because of the trough shape on the back they all rust out. No one reproduces them and there are a bunch of people restoring 68 coronets and superbees. Lots of demand and very little supply drove the prices up. They can be had for $400-$600 all day long. The guy who bought the car from me is a dreamer and thinks everything he has or buys instantly becomes worth its weight in gold. He watches people with too much money buy cars at auction on tv for 3 or 4 times their value just to impress their girlfriends. Can you tell I'm still bitter? Hopefully the parts from my old four door will put 2 or 3 more cars back on the road.

Getting a title here in Texas is very easy and the bonds can be had very cheap, especially for old cars. The buyer should have no problem.

He watches people with too much money buy cars at auction on tv for 3 or 4 times their value just to impress their girlfriends.
I refuse to watch any of those big time "TV" auto auctions although there is some pretty nice stuff trotted out in front of the cameras. Total sham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back