NOT MINE 1973 Dodge Polara Sedan (Highway Patrol car) - $4,900 - Orange County, California

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
At the time of posting, this CL listing is 16 hours old.

1973 Dodge Polara Sedan (Highway Patrol car) - $4,900 - Orange County, California

CL Description

1973 Dodge Polara 440 Magnum Highway Patrol Police car.

Really dry, rust free, original paint Mopar pursuit car. Great project. All the tags and build sheet are intact and being sold with it.
Brand new tires. The paint will buff out for that patina survivor look if that's what you are going for. The Polara had dual spot lights, whip antenna and a light bar.
Its been in the desert for years so totally rust free. No Agency history is known at this time.
The Speedo assembly, under hood wiring harness, distributor were stolen while it was in storage. :( Bastards should be shot!!! 440 motor looks original. Condition unknown at this time.
Anyhow great project. Bill of sale only. No keys. Rolls and steers.

Come and get it!!
00j0j_8b2TD3ffw2mz_0pO0cx_1200x900.jpg
01111_jEylPXE9SSz_0pO0cx_1200x900.jpg
00C0C_2DSJWMJsyLhz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
00w0w_4bTtCmfHdOEz_0cx0pO_1200x900.jpg

looks like the real deal there. thanks for the shoutout ayilar.

Not a buyer as i have 5 fusie cop sleds, plus one '72 NJ Statie project (I keep putting stuff ahead of :)). Still looking though for a '72 Chrysler-badged E86 fusie though

I DO wanna see more of this one though for posterity at least .. if that missing corner of broadcast sheet was still around, it might show original owner to perhaps start the documentation process? JY6 is a cool color too.

Asking price (for me) a little "tall" for unknown running condition, fleet pedigree, distance it needs to be moved as an in-op, and how much other hard-to-find cop-spec stuff is still left (factoring in what what those thievin' SOBs took :BangHead:)?

Hope it finds a good home.

Thanks

129 SPD on Tag
124 on door sticker

Built 'early'

I rode in one of those 73 Dodge cop cars once (not as a thug!) and the experience was very impressive. I liked the tall firm seats, the firm, controlled ride, handling and just the overall "competent, strong" performance it exhibited. I want one but I don't need one and I am still selling more than I am taking in, believe it or not!!.

I asked for more pics , no answer yet. Not to far from me but I would like to see a few more pics first.

Rearseat heather in a cop car........???? ( H15 ).
Not a Californian police car i guess.....

This is a real Washington State Patrol car. If it was $2k I would have already bought it. But no title, no keys (which means you can't steer it), all the missing pieces, shipping home, can't stomach that price.

I would rather have paid 4000 for Wyatts 71 than the 4900 for this car. . This body is nice as hell too.

So what is that speedo cluster from then if the original one was stolen? It looks like a lot more than just the speedo is missing.

Ad says "rolls and steers" - are they clueless about not being able to steer without keys or is the ignition switch somehow not locked?

A rim blow steering wheel on a police unit - were they available with tilt wheels??

Got the location , which is only 30 minutes from me . I'll see if I can set something up for a day to take a look . Any pointers to look for other than the usual rust etc.? Thanks

I’ll be interested in seeing the driver’s side and interior in more details — no pics of it yet.

This is a real Washington State Patrol car. If it was $2k I would have already bought it. But no title, no keys (which means you can't steer it), all the missing pieces, shipping home, can't stomach that price.
That would explain the H15 code......:thumbsup:

Unusual in that its not a D *K* 41 or A38 package on the DM41 chassis. Is this typical of how Washington State cars are ordered? Neat car regardless.

WSP ordered DM41 Polara Customs with carpeting and a Rim Blow wheel without tilt. They ordered the rim blow to activate the siren with a toggle switch under the dash. I own a white 73 Polara WSP that is ten VIN digits off of this car. This car doesn't have H15...it does have H51 Air. This would have been a Sgt, Lt, or Captain car unmarked originally. Tallzag has a gold 72 Polara WSP similarly optioned.

Back