1973 Imperial Positive battery cable fitment question

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with Evan's wiring about a positive battery cable. Bill tells me he has a cable for a 1971 ready to go, will 71 be the same as 73? I checked my parts books and found the numbers, each a different number. I tried to check if superceded but no luck.

The key differences would be the location of the battery and the location of the starter relay. If those are the same then it should work, might have been the difference in a clip, the 69 Polara had two different ones, the clip location was the difference.

I recently got one from them for my 69 Polara, missing the clip but otherwise perfect (added my own clip).

Alan

I think I found the difference, 71 imperial uses a black spade connector for the fusable link and the 73 uses a bullet connector. Evan's told me that I will not be able to get that connector, (the bullet style) and would have to splice the spade style on to my positive harness. I will order up the solder on battery terminal for my positive, as that is the only reason for the cable replacement. I can't stand the bolt on terminals.

IMG_4346.jpeg

IMG_4347.jpeg

Image 2023-08-10 at 7.40 PM (1).jpeg

Last edited:
Back