1973 Imperial Underdash Wiring

The_Eagles’_Nest

Reaction score
So after months of waiting on my Waldron exhaust and installing a new ThermoQuad on the 440, I’m cleaning up under the dash to try to find the parasitic draw that kills my battery after 3 days. I cleaned up the hacked up ignition wiring and found an NOS Chrysler to Saginaw jumper harness.

Now my question is what is the fuse holder with the pink and light green wire for? I have not had luck in finding a straightforward answer in the FSM.

IMG_3789.jpeg

IMG_3790.jpeg

So after months of waiting on my Waldron exhaust and installing a new ThermoQuad on the 440, I’m cleaning up under the dash to try to find the parasitic draw that kills my battery after 3 days. I cleaned up the hacked up ignition wiring and found an NOS Chrysler to Saginaw jumper harness.

Now my question is what is the fuse holder with the pink and light green wire for? I have not had luck in finding a straightforward answer in the FSM.

View attachment 618879

View attachment 618880
I have had the battery go dead after two days on one of my Imperials. I was just about to start hunting. I don't think the clock would killl battery afte a couple of days.

I have had the battery go dead after two days on one of my Imperials. I was just about to start hunting. I don't think the clock would killl battery afte a couple of days.
I have parked the Fury for a couple weeks now. The clock has not killed the battery.

The key-in-ignition buzzer is always on in the Imperial. I unplugged it as an experiment. We will see. I need to see if it is stuck on or if it is getting power when it shouldn’t

I found the pink fused wire in the service manual. It shows as rear cigar lighter.

IMG_4702.jpeg

The pink and green are spliced together before the fuse holder and it is a factory splice. The other end of the fuse holder is gone.

In a completely quiet shop, unhook the battery for a while, then touch the unhooked terminal to the post it is normally attached to. Listen for a faint "dinggg". Leave it unhooked a while longer and repeat. That "dingggg" is from an "alarm module" of some kind, which makes noise when something is left undone with the key on. In the case on my '80 Newport, it was the seat belt chime. It was killing the battery in two days, if I left it all connected.

One night, in a completely quiet shop, I decided to do some checking. When I touched the battery cable to the battery post, I heard that sound. Was the seat belt chime under the front seat (on that car). I left if unplugged and no more battery drain. Might be something similar on your car?

CBODY67

Back