NOT MINE 1973 Polara wagon 140 speedo

Interesting car. How in Sam Hill’s name does a seat get so garfed? Mice?

IMG_8756.jpeg

I'm guessing it was a small town or county that ordered it they way they wanted. I've seen several "Police" cars ordered like this. I have the paperwork from a rural Idaho dealership that ordered 69 Fury Is for the local county and they were ordered like this wagon.

The guy who saved this wagon from the estate had told me there was a (???60s old rusty dodge)
still out there.
The only vehicle still left behind
in forrest.
Just sent me a pic and asked if I knew anybody interested in this car?!?!?‍
Hmmmm, Let me see now if I can think of anyone who can use a 61 FURY coupe parts car??
Supposed to have a aero wheel!
It looks pretty rusty,but complete. Too wet to get to it at the moment.

Resized_20230528_110934.jpeg

Out of curiosity could you get a 140 speedo certified in a civilian car
You could. In the case of Uncle Charlies 72 Fury 2 door coupe, he opted for the E86 on the order form which was rejected by the factory since it was a civilian vehicle. Push came to shove and he got it built. This case was basically "who you know", but you could get it.

Not likely a "covert" car, more likely a commander car (if it was a "police" car).

There would likely be evidence of equipment mounting, again the absence doesn't mean no.

The CHP had a 69 Polara wagon, certified speedo, standard 440.
The car had a "Special Order/Special Mask" tag on it.

Alan

Not likely a "covert" car, more likely a commander car (if it was a "police" car).

There would likely be evidence of equipment mounting, again the absence doesn't mean no.

The CHP had a 69 Polara wagon, certified speedo, standard 440.
The car had a "Special Order/Special Mask" tag on it.

Alan
Back in my growing up days in the 1960's the local police were the towns ambulance's with 1 or 2 police station wagons with a stretcher in the back. Luckily I never had a chance to be hauled off in these 'Meat Wagons' but I still remember when my dad took a ride in one after he fell over backwards ice skating with us and split his head open on the ice. I don't think the officers had much medical training other than basic Red Cross certification, ie wrap some gauze around it.

I've told the story of in 1983ish a local yard had 7 1971 Polara Camden city police cars, three were wagons. All were black and whites, 140 speedometers. A few of the cars as I recall had slant sixes in them.
I was too young to know better. In those days I was a broke punk *** 16-17 year old and film was 2 dollars a roll.
I was more focused on the speedometers than the tags. Dumb kid.

Update.
The current owner is not on the internet.
Has not had any luck in selling whole!
He was talking of sending it to scrap!
It’s probably too rusty to feasibly restore!
I’m going to turn in on to some derby guys. At least some parts will be made available!!!!????

Bummer, how much is he asking? I would be interested in saving it, but I can not make it to California till the end of the month. So let me know and maybe we can keep it from getting scrapped or demoed.

Bummer, how much is he asking? I would be interested in saving it, but I can not make it to California till the end of the month. So let me know and maybe we can keep it from getting scrapped or demoed.
1600. Please save it!!! I have a tan interior from a 69 wagon that can be gotten at a fair price.

Here are a few underside pics.
Rear compartment is gone.
He said the rest of underside is OK? Being a rubber floor Matt car usually rust out?
I have not seen car in person yet but will check it out when I pick up 61 FURY parts car. It’s too wet currently.

I know he paid $1000 to save from crusher and $100 for tow.

I will send him a note there is some interest? Please be serious about it.

IMG_8656_1.jpeg

IMG_8651.jpeg

IMG_8650_2.jpeg

IMG_8649_1.jpeg

IMG_8648.jpeg

IMG_8653.jpeg

IMG_8647_2.jpeg

On a different subject the same guy has this 60 mercury wagon parked in his garage.

It’s F/S for 30k
amazing wagon…..

IMG_2646.jpeg

@SGT FURY
I'm serious, as long as the subframe/unibody sections are still there, the body/floor rust doesn't really scare me. From the under side pics it makes the bottom of my 76 Plymouth Gran Fury look really bad. Which is also a special order fleet vehicle.

@71Polara383
Good to know about you having an interior. Looks like I need a back bumper too.

Back