1973 tc

I haven't finished polishing yet. When I received new polishing pastes, I tested those to my wifes 2003 Passat. It changed a lot :)

th_DSC_0463_zps31lakllu.jpg
th_IMG-20160810-WA0004_zpsk6h5hd9e.jpg
th_DSC_0466_zpskyxesn3t.jpg

I opened thermoquad again, and this is what I found:

I bet those o-rings should be same size... Those and acc pump piston has been installed at last spring... I got new ones from quadrajetparts.com, installing in few days.

image.jpg
Nice wagon. And I like the wheels your using. Also see that you appear to have rear Air Conditioning.

Here's a photo of mine. Very similar.

Regarding your thermoquad carb, I found this book to be very useful. You can get it from Amazon for about 5 dollars in good condition.

image.jpg

Assembled the carb in weekend. New o-rings, acc pump and idle mixture screws. Also glued the main jet pots, I read somewhere these are sometimes leaking. At first time, when reading instructions that came with rebuild kit, I was wondering how come needles does not need adjusting or anything. I was searching internet and found that some kits does not include needle ajustments... I found that it is 1-1½ turns clockwise, this one had at least 5 turns... More in, richer it is. So far it drives great, seems to have more power too :) It still had some sputtering after cold start, but I did lean it more after that. Strange thing was when I removed the Edelbrock. There was a plastic spacer under carb and it was melted :eek: Should the intake be that hot even with exhaust circulation? Exhaust flap turns freely.
Few weeks ago I changed brake booster. At winter, original worked ok, but it has faded in summer. I called finnish C-body guy (I dont know if he is here too) and next evening I got a working part. It is passenger car unit, instead ow wagon dual, but what a difference it made :wideyed: Now I have brakes :D

Your T&C looks like a twin for my car :D Mine does have rear AC too, not working currently, damn ATC2:poke: Thanks for tip of book, I'll look and try to find it. Tried a couple seller from Amazon, but they did not ship overseas.

th_DSC_0588_zps1mt7bp7v.jpg th_DSC_0592_zpsdbh2sufr.jpg th_DSC_0581_zpstjropimg.jpg th_DSC_0582_zpsorkbk7zm.jpg th_IMG-20161016-WA0000_zpsvxwvs1hy.jpe

BTW, I just bought 318 magnum...

That was fast. It took less than 48 hours after I paid it to get it to my garage door. Truck freight from southern Sweden to northern Finland. Faster than mailing a letter in same town :D
Some parts are missing, alternator, ps pump etc, but should not be difficult to find. Although I'm still thinking should I keep the magnum multigroove or change to LA v-groove belts. My VW project at background, tiny car almost fits in Chryslers trunk :D
DSC_0745_zpspaywsden.jpg

Are you looking to swap out the 440 in the T&C????

That spacer you took out is not original or even correct for your thermoquad. The thermoquad has a 1/2" (13mm) spacer gasket that also acts as a heat shield for the carb.

A properly tuned and working Thermoquad makes an awesome sound at full throttle. BWAAAAA......

That was the plan. I am looking for better mileage and more comfortable cold starts etc. I'm not looking for high performace with this car, I'd like to drive it more and longer :)
I had Edelbrock 750cfm installed with that spacer, Thermoquad has the correct ½" spacer gasket. Thermoquad works pretty good now. There is some minor adjusting to do, a little bog when secondary air flaps open if floored at idle and maybe I should use a lambda meter to adjust mixture better. And you are right about the about the sound :)
They just started to throw salt to roads, I really didn't want to stop driving yet, but maybe I have to :(

I did nothing to car at winter, only drove a few trips. I should have had it inspected in march, but I haven't fixed footwells yet. So it is time to do that. I have new roofliner and new carpet, so I've had to dissassemble almost everything inside to get those installed. I'll paint most of tan parts too while they are out of car. Front seats are pretty bad too, I ordered new fabrics and vinyl from SMS. There was 2 buildsheets, one under drivers seat and other under 3rd seat.
Today I made some patch panels for footwells with my friend, probably start mocking them tomorrow evening.
I know that all here does not like aftermarket wheels, but I changed 15x7" smoothies :) Also tested those with road wheel center caps, does not look that bad. There is a little problem with front hubs, these are too square to fit in center caps...

th_DSC_1195_zps982q79sx.jpg
th_DSC_1217_zpsmoa5nypl.jpg
th_DSC_1218_zpssol7eczn.jpg
th_DSC_1211_zpsbijtzdxk.jpg
th_DSC_1210_zpsdwaya1k8.jpg
th_001_zpsokxkxtxl.jpg
th_DSC_1219_zpshwiipbbr.jpg
th_DSC_1219_zpshwiipbbr.jpg

Isn't there a cheaper alternative fuel available in Finland?, LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) costs roughly 60% of the price of regular unleaded petrol here in Australia, it saves me a fair bit of money having to drive 400kms to work and back every week.
A lot of cars with big 6-cylinder and V8 engines have been converted to LPG for this reason.

Not really. Finland is a country of taxes and rules, LPG is almost like illegal to use in passenger cars. Few stations sell natural gas, but I believe it is much more expensive to convert for it. E85 is more common, but not available even at all cities. Closest place is about 60km away at the moment.

Made first cuts to spare tire comparment. Stupid boxed design, full of dirt :( Outer sheetmetal was rusted through from inside. Oh well, nothing major. It is normal that you have to cut at least double what you had thought :D
I also received seat fabrics from SMS today. This is tan 1972 Imperial fabric.

A little progress today. Lower quarter panel done, I had to change outer and inner sheetmetal. I should have changed whole outer panel, I just patched it now. Probably took longer to clean the old metal than what it would have taken to change all... Drilled a few 2,5" holes to inner metal so it's not so closed box. This corner was way worse than I expected :poke: There was also a little hole at passenger side rocker panel, under fenderskirt. Inner and outer metal replaced there too.
th_DSC_1254_zpsdditbdro.jpg
th_IMG_20170425_141518_zpsbvuyo37a.jpg
th_IMG_20170426_124744_zpsdmhysjvw.jpg
th_IMG_20170426_145649_zpszfralhlt.jpg
th_DSC_1257_zps84uek7ib.jpg
th_IMG_20170426_113038_zpssm2stbdi.jpg
th_IMG_20170426_151811_zps4vh1f4rk.jpg

Working every now and then, floors are done now. Drivers footwell was way way worse than I was expecting. Patches we made earlier, was not nearly enough. There should have been a complete replacement panel, but I don't think they are available for these :( Floors are painted with epoxy primer. My daily driver is waiting for camshaft and timing belt replacement, but this is number one project now :D

_bigthumb.jpg
_bigthumb.jpg

_bigthumb.jpg
_bigthumb.jpg
_bigthumb.jpg

_bigthumb.jpg
_bigthumb.jpg

_bigthumb.jpg
_bigthumb.jpg

Sandblasted a bunch of interior parts today. Also painted those with epoxy primer. If they still looks ok at morning, I'll paint tan parts :)
I also test fitted new speakers. At rear, new 5"x7" is direct fit, front ones needs spacers.

_bigthumb.jpg
_bigthumb.jpg
_bigthumb.jpg

Summer vacation is over, not so much garage time... It took couple days to sand and prep smaller parts for painting.

_bigthumb.jpg
_bigthumb.jpg

Finally interior parts are (mostly) painted. There are so many small and bigger heavy sheetmetal parts in rear seat and trunk area! I sanded the roof with 80 grit paper and painted it too with epoxy primer. Next job is sound proofing. I have boxes of 2mm STP black gold, still thinking should I use something else over it under carpet.
I need to figure what to do with rear AC-unit before installing it back. Is there a easy way to convert AC to R134?

_bigthumb.jpg
_bigthumb.jpg
_bigthumb.jpg
_bigthumb.jpg
_bigthumb.jpg
_bigthumb.jpg

Back