For Sale 1974 Chrysler Newport *21k original miles, survivor, factory big block - $2900 (Allison Park)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, magnifying it I do see the black side mouldings.

Like I said in my first post, someone needs to put eyeballs on this car to see the true condition of this car. If it is 21k miles then it appears to be an excellent buy. Either way this car is a turnkey daily driver at a minimum. It's a sedan, manual A/C, no vinyl, 400 2 bbl, so you could easily drive this car another 30 years.
:lol:

V.I.P wheels would really sport this car up.For some reason Newports don,t look so good without a vinyl top.Just my barely 2 cents worth.B.B

Horrible color, it needs a color change wether it’s 20k or 120k miles.:icon_fU:

Windshield wipers,heh,knowing a chrysler a cop car would be behind it when it happened.It looks naked without the vinyl top.The rear view mirror in my new yorker would come off in my hand at least once a year,heh.I love chryslers.C bodies that is.B.B

If you reach the pinnacle of ugly it already turns into cool. This car is a good example. Wouldn't Change a Thing.

Taste is subjective. I like the colors, inside and out. (I do agree that it "needs" a vinyl top.) Today's cars (and buildings) look as if their designers think Fifty Shades of Grey is a color-selection manual.

A columnist on Curbside Classics bitched about the black dash trim and steering wheel in the '74 Chrysler. I think they look spiffy - especially with parchment or white interiors.

OMG, some of you people would complain if it was given to you for FREE. As a vehicle gets older the condition is more important than the color. If someone has money to spend then paint it whatever color they wish. What do you expect for this price, a showroom car in color of your choice. Buy a new car or truck and you will loose at least this much when you pull out of the lot for depreciation.

I’m just talking about the color here, I never had any interest in the price.

At least it,s not everyday silver.Chrome sport wheels would definitely help it.You could put a gentle wrap on the roof or paint it.But you would have to put the trim parts in the body to make it look right,B.B

Is that Ethanol Gas he is pumping it full of? Up here Green Pump is Ethanol Blend....
View attachment 231834

Ummm....diesel is green.:D
Unisex...um, universal nozzle for 87, 89, 91 octane at a BP station, Omaha:
IMG_0952.JPG

Only the 91-octane is nonalcoholic. It's also what my owner's manual specifies for the 440 4-bbl.
Not shown: lady at next pump calling her partner's attention to the long station wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back