1974 Imperial Horn Relay Help

I know we are talking 74. my 73 has the gold metal case relay the buzzes anytime you open the door and if I remove it I will loose horn function. This is correct and should it buzz all the time?
The horn relay doubles as the key-in, door open buzzer. You bend over one tab or replace it with a 3-pin relay to disable the buzzer. Or you can pull the door jamb buzzer activation wire out of the plug and tape it up.

I've seen this option mentioned in my 75 FSM, can look it up tomorrow
Looked into it and the only mention of it is actually in the wiring diagram. Might not be of much help to OP because if I'm reading this right, the relay on the relay bank should be the same and the difference is actually in the engine bay.

1670841942225.png
1670842050355.png

Looked into it and the only mention of it is actually in the wiring diagram. Might not be of much help to OP because if I'm reading this right, the relay on the relay bank should be the same and the difference is actually in the engine bay.

View attachment 571279View attachment 571280

There it is! Thank you very much. That's alot of horn options. The speed switch has me even more intrigued. I really want to know what it sounds like!

This is all I "turned up" with a quick google search, how the times have changed.

Honk if you … well, maybe not - Chrysler Capital

Screenshot_20221212-114056~2.png

There it is! Thank you very much. That's alot of horn options. The speed switch has me even more intrigued. I really want to know what it sounds like!

This is all I "turned up" with a quick google search, how the times have changed.

Honk if you … well, maybe not - Chrysler Capital

View attachment 571323
I found a thread over on FABO linking to a hamtramck listing which had a Technical Service Bulletin, pretty cool stuff. Apparently in NYC there was a noise ordinance that horns had to be quieter.
Wild.

08-01-74D page1.jpg
08-01-74D page9.jpg

Back