NOT MINE 1974 Monaco Wagon On B.A.T. No Reserve

If I was in front of it, I might have paid more. Knowing I was going to have 1500-2k into transport, held me back. I love wagons, always a soft spot.

Yeah Ray, I got what I had in it not counting labor of course. What surprised me was it had almost 10,000 views and almost 700 watchers yet from $4100 to $7100 only two people were bidding. I guess I should be happy it wasn't only one bidding!

thats certainly good market visibility, chief. excellent opportunity to find a good home for sure.

At the end of any auction, two or more motivated, NON-deadbeat folks after it is all ya need.

more often than not, that results in a "fair" deal. :)

Did the market speak ? I've never been in Bring a trailer. I presume most of America hasn't. I realize it was around a bit on other sites but, I'm not convinced. As Ray said the market spoke today with these two bidders.
Example: that four door 71 Polara was listed on a dealer site for 12995. Listed for a month or so, maybe two. Someone posted it here, I never saw it until two months after it was sold. I'd have probably gone up to 17 or 18, it was that nice and I am in the market.
Exposure and the right guys gotta see it.

Did the market speak ? I've never been in Bring a trailer. I presume most of America hasn't. I realize it was around a bit on other sites but, I'm not convinced. As Ray said the market spoke today with these two bidders.
Example: that four door 71 Polara was listed on a dealer site for 12995. Listed for a month or so, maybe two. Someone posted it here, I never saw it until two months after it was sold. I'd have probably gone up to 17 or 18, it was that nice and I am in the market.
Exposure and the right guys gotta see it.
I understand what you're saying Dave. The reason I went with B.A.T. was all the auctions I watched, and there were many brought more money than I expected them to. Until that is my wagon. :BangHead: Not sure what the reason but I sent a text and e mail to the winner and haven't heard back yet. Won't break my heart if he ghosts me!

Devils advocate. Buyer has 7500 into it after fee's and likely 1500 in logistics. At 9k for the buyer, imo, that's likely all the money on the car. It's tough when you get into patina cars.

I understand what you're saying Dave. The reason I went with B.A.T. was all the auctions I watched, and there were many brought more money than I expected them to. Until that is my wagon. :BangHead: Not sure what the reason but I sent a text and e mail to the winner and haven't heard back yet. Won't break my heart if he ghosts me!
I'm not saying I disagree with anything about it except the market speaking. The BaT market has spoken.

I like the post above, makes sense.

Devils advocate. Buyer has 7500 into it after fee's and likely 1500 in logistics. At 9k for the buyer, imo, that's likely all the money on the car. It's tough when you get into patina cars.
I totally agree with your logic and numbers however most other auctions I watched to gauge the market the bidders didn't show as much fiscal responsibility as they apparently did on mine. :BangHead:

Well Dave I guess I was trying to say in a nice way nobody wanted to spend "Stupid Money" on mine. :rofl:
I certainly wouldn't say you were asking "Stupid Money" for yours, I think the buyer got a hell of a deal but the "right" buyer didn't show up for your auction. At least you got close to what you wanted.

I've sold 9 cars on BAT. All but 1 I did well on. The other, I lost around 10k. There is a type there for sure. Be thankful you had those 2, if only one was there, could have gotten messy.

Well even at that price the buyer doesn't seem very interested. Still no word from him.

I need to know because I have another possible buyer on the hook if he flakes. A few months ago I rented it out for two days to use in a movie. Well about 4 hours after the auction started I get a call from the broker saying they need the car for more filming in Ohio and want to buy it. I couldn't and wouldn't stop the auction so I told him he's out of luck unless they want to bid on it. So if it is available I'll give him a call and see if they still want it.

Back