1974 spindles on a ‘65. Can this be done?

i'm thinking that 64 c bodies are a different animal spindle was , the steering box is mounted aft or to the rear of the steering assembly . 65 up 73 is just what the doctor ordered . so it's the widely costly 65-69 budd setup , are 70-72 which bolts right up with a single piston calib or 73 which has a larger rotor i believe . here's pics of a 70-72 style , this is for my 65 880 rag .

DSC00138.JPG

DSC00139.JPG

DSC00140.JPG

DSC00141.JPG

DSC00142.JPG

DSC00143.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

i pulled everything to do the swap , pb unit to brake lines and complete suspension assemblies , pulled the subframe but for use on my 65

DSC01152.JPG

DSC01202.JPG

DSC01426.JPG

O.K.

Haven't Looked at this Thread for Some Time.
However After Seeing it Again I MUST Comment.
It is Completely Illegal to Use heat on Front End Components in the Mystical Land of OZ.
And if Someone Were to be Injured or Killed as a Result of Such Work the "Mechanic / Butcher" Would Find Himself on Very Serious Charges.
I Can Testify as to the Reasons for This Personally.
Back in 1968 We made the Mistake of Converting a 65 Mustang to RHD by Similar Methods.
A Modified Front End Component Failed & Three 18 - 20 yo's Were Lucky to Survive the Four Roll Overs at 60 MPH.
Also Completely Totalled the Car.
Left a Huge Hole in our Finances for a Couple of Years (Insurance Cover Disallowed) as Well as the Broken Bones That Still Ache to This Day.
Any Sort of Front End Modification Should be Left to the Experts, And I Don't Think You'll Find Many Competent Mechs Who'll
Apply Heat to Steering / Suspension Components.
I'm Sure There are Many Self Professed Experts who will Disagree, But Just Remember It's Your Family's Lives Your Playing With.
Kind Regards,
Tony.M

I remember attending a rigging training seminar many years ago, put on by Crosby, one of the big names in hooks, chain and other rigging devices.
Someone asked about welding on their hooks, and the trainer gave a BIG no-no in response.
Some hayseed popped up and said 'it's OK, you-ken do it, I-bin doin' it fer years.'
Trainer said - 'Oh, you must know more about our products than we do.'

I've always wondered that upon reading about people heating, bending, notching and welding on front susp parts.
It's probably not a problem (which is what most people think) - until there's a problem (which many folks never consider).

I learned something today!

Same concept applies with using drum brake boosters on disc systems - yeah, it bolts up and works, no problem until you REALLY need ALL your brakes, and the booster's not up to the task... worst possible moment to find out.

For some reason today I was thinking about rkrocen's recent question about the super-touchy power drumbrakes and my history with a disc booster on MB pedals.
Although I love the manual discs on my white Fury, I know they aren't for everybody.
And that got me to wondering how a drum-brake booster would work on discs with an MB pedal with the 15/16" M-disc master cylinder - would it soften it up too little, too much, or just right?

If the MC was plumbed with enough extra bends to accommodate the mounting difference, and to return it to prior condition - it would be an afternoon's work to do some A-B testing, with a cellphone app to capture some data. But I have no time for that...

Back