Status
Not open for further replies.

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
*NM*

Up for action is a very rare Chrysler Town & Country station wagon. These massive wagons were the top of Chrysler's line, very expensive and a worthy flagship. One of the largest wagons ever built, this wagon is powered by the legendary big block 440 V8. Connected to the butter smooth and indestructible Torque Flight trans, these grand wagons are ideal for covering ground in style. The Chrysler Town & Country was equally at home at the country or yacht club. This wagon has its original tobacco colored leather interior and features nine passenger seating(with rear facing flip-up coach seating). The leather is in fantastic condition and still quite supple. Power driver seat and tilt/telescoping wheel ensure that the driver commands the T&C in pure comfort. All windows are power as are locks, brakes, steering, etc. The factory am/fm 8-Track is in place and functional.
The Wagon was originally owned by a southern California doctor and has been a California car its entire existance, the 91k miles are original. The body on the Chrysler is rust free and straight. The floors, inner floors, spare tire area, etc are all wonderfully rust free and look like new. It appears that the hood and possibly a fender were painted. The color match is excellent and the remainder of the wagon is original paint. It doesn't appear to have ever had any collision damage. The 440 V8 starts instantly, runs smoothly and powerfully. This same 440 helped to establish the Mopar powertrain legend and has powered everything from New Yorkers to Cudas in one form or another. The auto trans is super smooth and shifts perfectly. The instruments, lights, wipers, etc all work as expected. The AC activates but, doesn't seem very cold-this will be examined during the course of the auction. All the power windows(five) work, the liftgate opens by swinging out and flipping down-a very cool feature. The wood looks like new and the tires are very good. As great as this wagon is, it isn't perfect. The chrome on the grill and some of the minor trim, could stand to be re-chromed. The rt rear tail lens is cracked as is the lower rt running light lens(both function fine). This Town & Country drives down the road smoothly and quietly. You just don't see these old Mopar wagons anymore in this condition-especially the very rare T&C editions. Don't miss this opportunity to own a rare piece of Mopar and Americana history. Gather up 8 of your best friends and hit the town! Good luck and thanks for bidding-offered at no reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976...3568623?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19d85409ef

Last edited:
Did you see the comments from people not bidding telling him to hold out for $10k plus. I don't see that much being the high bid. I agree it'll go to about $6k.

Nice enough, though the colors don't do it any favors. Exterior woodgrain is looking pretty dull too.

Aren't there supposed to be badges or letters on the tailgate?

It makes me wonder what mine is worth.... By the way that 76 is nice but not a survivor...it has new vinyl woodgrain and the "Chrysler" was not replaced on the tailgate.

T&C 003.jpg

I'm never going to let you see my car. The list you would come up with would crush me beyond hope.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Mr C, I like yours much better! I don't like the exterior color on the one on ebay however I do like the interior color, it's darker then you would think it'd be.

It makes me wonder what mine is worth.... By the way that 76 is nice but not a survivor...it has new vinyl woodgrain and the "Chrysler" was not replaced on the tailgate.
Man, I missed this. What a beautiful car. Mr. C has some collection. What else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back