For Sale 1977 Mercury Marquis BLACK 2 DOOR 460 cubic inch V8 C6 $990.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
1977 Mercury Marquis BLACK 2 DOOR 460 cubic inch V8 C6 | Classic Cars | Sarnia | Kijiji

Yes, I already know what you're thinking. It's blatantly obvious even to Stevie Wonder.

$_59.jpg

1977 Mercury Marquis Brougham BLACK 2 DOOR 460 cubic inchV8 engine, "Accel" brand billet aluminium distributor/wires, C6 Automatic Transmission, car is for it's awesome driveline or for a mild restoration project, SERIOUS REPLY ONLY, NO TELEPHONE CALLS.

Last edited:
I believe that the add is missing the "NAP". As in, not actual picture. I'm sure the car that's actually for sale is a bit rougher, and there's probably fewer palm trees growing in the seller's locale.

Jeff

I had a baby blue 77 2dr Marquis. The most anemic car I ever owned. Worse than my 81 V6 (NOT V8-6-4, I mean Buick V6) Coupe Deville.
My 76 NYB feels like a GTX next to them.

It must have been sold again and gone to Florida, because that certainly looks like Lakeland Lash's lift of undercoat death to me.

7347389-1978-mercury-marquis-std-c.jpg

The aluminum paint on the exhaust is another Lash trademark.

Jeff

I had a baby blue 77 2dr Marquis. The most anemic car I ever owned. Worse than my 81 V6 (NOT V8-6-4, I mean Buick V6) Coupe Deville.
My 76 NYB feels like a GTX next to them.
But they still have all of the fuel efficiency you've grown to enjoy... :rolleyes:

The 400 engine in my Merc, and apparently the Virginia car, (a "stroked" 351, but with LOW compression) in Fords were "small blocks". Did OK in in a car this size but yeah they wouldn't exactly pin ya to your seat at launch. Good cruisers tho 50-90 mph, decent on gas too.

I never owned any Caddies from this era but even the mighty Ford 460 was only doing 202HP in mid-late 70's, decent torque but NOTHING like the high compression era from just a few years earlier. :(

It sure does. Gap in the glove box door matches...:D

plus, i am fairly sure mine had same ashtray too. :)

Kevin Marti says only 18 built like it (interesting but not conclusive) in 1978 but seriously ONE tell-tale indicator.

I bought the car without TWO center caps. The Merc center cap and Thunderbird center caps fit the deep dish aluminums DIFFERENTLY than the Caps on Marks fit (the mounting screws on the Marks were BIGGER) the MARK version of the DD aluminums. Other than the mounting of the cap, all the DD wheels on the three cars would interchange (15x6, 5x5 BP).

The thunderbird centers were black with the silver TBird logo. The Merc caps were reflective red with concentric silver circles. With only two original Merc caps, I painted ALL four solid, metallic reddish.

this is the lash/virgina/maybe my old car wheel on top, and my car on the bottom.
00-1-2-5-0.jpg

00-1-2-5-1.jpg

1977 Mercury Marquis BLACK 2 DOOR 460 cubic inch V8 C6 | Classic Cars | Sarnia | Kijiji

Yes, I already know what you're thinking. It's blatantly obvious even to Stevie Wonder.

View attachment 200060

1977 Mercury Marquis Brougham BLACK 2 DOOR 460 cubic inchV8 engine, "Accel" brand billet aluminium distributor/wires, C6 Automatic Transmission, car is for it's awesome driveline or for a mild restoration project, SERIOUS REPLY ONLY, NO TELEPHONE CALLS.

So it's a snowbird selling his NYB... big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back