For Sale 1978 Chrysler New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Ne...ce766b9a9&item=261580306857&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

2zric2e.jpg

Nice NYB.....

Right now it's the latest known produced C-Body 6-20-78.

It also has a 1974/1975 Imperial hood ornament.

I missed the part about the production date. Good catch.
June 20, huh? That could possibly be the final week.
All jokes aside about the wiper bushing, what would you pay for that?

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Same guy that has the warehouse full of Chryslers and Lincolns. Black with white interior - yum! Green dash? Weird. Cool, but weird that it's optioned like this.

A dealer owned this for many years, according to the description. The guy swapped in an preferred Imperial ornament. Easy.

It could see six, if it's as clean as it appears.

And, it looks like the New Yorkers and Newports were built until at least June 20, 1978!

I missed the part about the production date. Good catch.
June 20, huh? That could possibly be the final week.
All jokes aside about the wiper bushing, what would you pay for that?

Posted via Topify on Android

That is the best 78 NYB I've seen in a long time.

It's probably been garaged it's whole life. The top of the rear seat seams aren't split or separated, sail panels and package tray looks perfect, door panels and dash pad look perfect, even the horn ornament and C-pillar medallions are perfect, the silver paint on the dash isn't worn off. Still has the Lean Burn hooked up. It's a 400 not a 440. I would like to see the fender tag.

$5500-$6500 if there isn't any surprises.

Normally, I would say the wheel covers are wrong and should have the Chrysler crest in the middle, but in this case, with such a late build date, perhaps they were transitioning things over for the R bodies?

imagesCAYNCRYF.jpg

Normally, I would say the wheel covers are wrong and should have the Chrysler crest in the middle, but in this case, with such a late build date, perhaps they were transitioning things over for the R bodies?

Those are the premium W13 wheel covers for 1978. My 78 NYB had the same wheel covers. Of course all of the emblems on mine were faded from being parked outside for 30 years. The wheel covers on this car are in the best condition I have ever seen. I'm sure they were the same going forward with the R-Body cars.

That's the first Formal T&T steering wheel I've seen that doesn't have a crack.

That's exactly what I need for my Newport!!!!

I don't think all 4 of the wheel covers on this NYB are the same either.

I might just leave it as is....it's really in great condition.

DSC02971.jpgDSC02972.jpg

DSC02971.jpg

DSC02972.jpg

If I were looking, this would be the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back