For Sale 1978 New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would be in the $15-$20k to fix the interior and exterior. Very hard to find any decent interior for Formal's.

I say it's still a parts car or winter beater at best.

I definitely wouldn't even think of restoring this car.
Agreed.
If one has an absolute need for a black NYB coupe, move on.
A better car/deal will come along eventually.

I know I have seen this car somewhere... but I couldn't find the thread. I don't think we need another formal value (or lack of) thread... so here ya go.
SOLD!!!! 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham !!!!_____ Must See
SOLD!!!! 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham !!!!_____ Must See - $2995
01616_gnCcwpfw7Sy_1200x900.jpg
00B0B_i9gH7MLAufi_1200x900.jpg
01515_1ImqI7YKZcp_1200x900.jpg
00S0S_h1EhwGLMjHG_1200x900.jpg
00w0w_fH1ydAFOVxa_1200x900.jpg

If this car doesn't help establish where the true price point is... keep watching... the big dollar ones just don't seem to sell.

Oh and getting the engine in my big truck overhauled and using the time off to make my wife a little happier by working on the second floor in the addition.

Pisses me off that a #4 NYB sells for $2,400.00 and a #2 NYB sells for $2,600.00.
It won't bother me as long as I am not selling...

If the cars suddenly shot up to a life changing figure, I might do something silly, like sell.

Not holding my breath.

What happened to buying cars like this for fun and just driving them? Does everything have to be restored? It would suck to make a parts car from it almost as much if it got derbied.

Ok so here goes. I know this car, it sat at Mclean's repair, on his lot, for probably 25 years. I live in Edwardsville, IL the home of Cassen's Transport. You have seen their trucks hauling Mopars out of STL and Belvedere for years. I just saw an empty one driving down the highway in Detroit the other day.

The car was originally bought by Allen Cassen. They had and still have a dealership where I live. He sold the car to Mr. Mclean who had 2-3 other cars sitting at his repair shop. A Packard, a Studebaker and a couple of other odd ones. I first noticed it 3 years ago and stopped to take a look. The New Yorker emblem is missing from the trunk and a wasp came out of the hole. I thought it had 27k on the clock but I guess it's 23k or whatever the ad says. About 2 years ago someone came in and wanted to put up a huge building so they bought Mcleans and tore it down along with a house next to it. The cars disappeared and I was told they were stored but the old guy wouldn't sell any of them.

It's a real deal survivor that sat outside nearly its entire life. At the time I thought that I'd be really afraid of that roof holding water and rusting through. The pictures don't show evidence of water soaking the seats.

Call the guy up and see if this story checks out. Anna is about 2 hours from me. There can't be 2 of these cars in Southern Illinois.

FWIW

I can verify this story is 100% true. I tried buying this car for 15 years and ol man mclean would not entertain any offer. Its always been in old town edwardsville sat parked facing south outside his small repair shop, now tore down. His boy is on facebook but he doesn't like to talk. His excuse with me was he couldn't sell anything because he got divorced and anything he sold was to be split with his greedy wife.. I guess it was in the divorce contract idk. Nevertheless the mileage is right but the car is in poor shape. I wouldn't call it a parts car by any means . I'd call it a $1500 driver that needs TLC. The tires are not new I'd almost bet they are 25 years old just have alot of tread. Here's a picture from 2011 last time I saw it.

I have one of these in a 4 door hardtop if any one is interested. Very clean, some where around 75-80k. Not in a rush to sell but figured id see if any one is interested.

IMG_20161005_153123353_HDR.jpg

I have one of these in a 4 door hardtop if any one is interested. Very clean, some where around 75-80k. Not in a rush to sell but figured id see if any one is interested.
Wow... very nice... I can't tell the interior from the pics, but she's a prettier version of my 76.
Whatcha ask'en for it?
Mine was under Standard Formal Pricing and I still haven't put a wrench to her... I do have a back window that's inop and the radio lead... I'm still finding out how the years have treated the tape collection. Should be some new/used 8 tracks coming soon.

:thankyou:
Wow... very nice... I can't tell the interior from the pics, but she's a prettier version of my 76.

Mine was under Standard Formal Pricing and I still haven't put a wrench to her... I do have a back window that's inop and the radio lead... I'm still finding out how the years have treated the tape collection. Should be some new/used 8 tracks coming soon.

Jeff, sent that 8track unit I got from you to "Barrys 8 track" to be upgraded with all the lastest goodies. Can't wait to get it installed.. I need to start Collecting tapes now.

:thankyou:

Jeff, sent that 8track unit I got from you to "Barrys 8 track" to be upgraded with all the lastest goodies. Can't wait to get it installed.. I need to start Collecting tapes now.
I have offered to buy out the collections from everyone who mentions they still have a box full somewhere... so far no luck... maybe they all know how cheap I really am?

I have offered to buy out the collections from everyone who mentions they still have a box full somewhere... so far no luck... maybe they all know how cheap I really am?
We have a thrift shop down here with 8 tracks. You want them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back