For Sale 1978 NewYorker (NOT MINE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bitmoji-20190209081240 (3)doc.png

It also has the 3.2 gears plus sure grip.

Last edited:
You can always tell a car being sold by a Dealer by the plastic carpet cover. We use that on all our used reconditioned cars after shampooing the carpet. Looks like the Indiana Lakeland Lash but still a nice car if all checks out.

Gorgeous Car though, needs Road wheels. I like the originality of the hubcaps.. just say’en I prefer Road Wheels.

"1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham Coupe (VIN: CS23T8C168882), pewter gray met. / grey cloth interior, torqueflite 3-speed auto trans., 12,730 original 2-owner miles. It's tough to imagine owning a 19 foot land yacht with an interior as large as (and upholstered like) your 1970's living room couch and not driving it. But that's exactly what happened with this example of a 1978 C-body New Yorker Brougham coupe. This vehicle was ordered new by Ronald M. Massironi from Wagner Chrysler-Plymouth of Rochester, PA at a cost of $9,374.65. The car was used sparingly and only for special occasions, thus the low original mileage. Half of the total mileage was put on the car in 1981 when he drove the car to California. During that trip the car was rained on once - briefly and never since. In October 2001 the owner decided to give the motor a little more power and had CJ Rombold go through and upgrade the motor, at a cost of $2,528.44. Some upgrades included a mild cam, domed pistons, long tube Hooker headers, a polished and balanced crankshaft and a high flow oil pump. The problematic electronic "lean burn" system was also removed at this time. Other than the JVC radio, motor work and the inner fender liners being removed and painted black the entire car remains completely original - even the paint. Options: The New Yorker Brougham had a huge list of available luxury options, including power steering, power front disc brakes, front and rear bumper guards, deluxe sound insulation, wheel covers, dual horns, air conditioning, power windows, power door locks and exterior mirror whitewall tires and more. This example has all of those plus: 3.2 axle ratio, sure-grip differential, 440 V8 with 4 barrel carb, tinted glass, air conditioning, body side and deck pinstripes, cornering lights, wheelhouse skirts, cruise control, AM/FM radio with search tuner, tilt and telescope steering wheel, full vinyl roof in silver, conventional spare tire and JR7 8x15 WSW steel belted radial tires. I can not find any areas where there has been any damage repair of any kind. Upon the death of Mr. Massironi his family consigned the vehicle to an auction company where it was purchased by the second and most recent owner in 2015. This New Yorker comes with the original bill of sale, window sticker, owners manual and the receipt for the engine work. Unlike most vehicles that are older than 10 years, the Indiana title (issue date 05/2015) shows the mileage to be actual. It is well optioned including the very rare for 1978 440 cid V8. The original spare tire has never been down. If you are in the market for a rare collectible cruiser look no further - if there is a nicer or lower original mile car on the market I haven't found it. Collector quality condition! Asking $17,900.00 / obo."

:realcrazy::drama:

If they think they can get nearly $18k for a nice Formal take it to the auction with no reserve and show us it will sell for that price.

I'm used to seeing the 100 Amp alternator on anything after 75, so that appears fishy to me. It also really needs the fender well water shields...you can see the upper control arm!

I'm used to seeing the 100 Amp alternator on anything after 75, so that appears fishy to me. It also really needs the fender well water shields...you can see the upper control arm!

Yep, 100 amp on all Formal's with the electric rear window defroster. Everything else had the 60 amp.

This one has been on CL for at least a year. Its a nice car....but $18 grand? I'd rather give a higher dollar amount for this one as opposed to the gray '78 with 400 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back