NOT MINE NOT MINE - a very pretty '78 NYB

LongLeBaron

Reaction score
This one caught my interest while I was shopping. It wasn't quite the one for me, but I do think the triple blue color is just gorgeous.

1978 Chrysler New Yorker For Sale - ATL2453

The dealer says, with just a touch of hyberbole:

This 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham embodies style and sophistication with a touch of tradition. Classic, charming and fully equipped, it's more than just a car, it's a piece of automotive history. Experience the bygone era with a modern twist with each drive. A truly iconic piece of American engineering.

78BlueNYB.jpg

I picked up on a lot of small things that would only be noticed by a Formal eye.
I can't believe the prices being asked for NYB's these days.

I aint buyin much these days so I am not watching closely. However, while I have seen "dreamers" in the 50 years almost I have been at this, I have NOT seen formals "take off'.

Its honestly a curiosity .. prolly for some other thread's detailed discussion on market prices.

like many of you, i own/owned every luxo-barge from Big Three in this era .. the other guys' stuff, comparably equipped/quality, seems to hold value a bit better evem though performance/quality/features appears comparable (IMHO, i know opinions vary).

That said, this one while very nice is sorta dripping with seller "hyperbole" (NOT dissing dealer) that makes those of us who KNOW/LOVE these cars give a little eye roll. I don't think I have ever used the word "charming" to describe anything I own. :poke:
1695405315984.png

I LIKE it though, but aint in the game for it. Feels a tad tall price-wise though perhaps because it seems that way to me because I don't transact at dealer prices in this hobby.

Hope it finds a good home. flowery language notwithstanding.

:thumbsup:

This car has a heavy dose of "Gateway" applied in both price and language.

One thing they didn't do (yet) is irrigate the engine bay with armour-all. So there's $2k off right there, lol.

For posterity:

Edit: I see an HD alternator.

1695406269163.png

1695406460934.png

1695406474015.png

1695406620914.png

1695406511907.png

1695406529052.png

1695406543500.png

1695406569557.png

Last edited:
Ugh, gag me with the story. I can see that every bushing in the front suspension is shot so it must ride really _____. What would dealer phraseology be for loose?

Back