1978 NYB Final Paint On The Way.....

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
As most of my friends here on FCBO know.... I have had all the rust and rot repaired on my NY'er. I had new vinyl installed and the back half of the car painted. Well, my friend doing the body and paint called me and he is ready to paint the rest of the car. This time around there is no rust to repair so he is going to paint the doors, fenders, hood and the front fenders and the Ny'er should be preserved for the next 20 years and ready for the next owner. I'm very excited to say the least! It won't be a frame off quality restoration but a very respectable repair and paint job.

Before......

DSC03457.JPG

DSC03460.JPG

I also fired the NYB up today. First time in several months. It was 80 here today with low humidty....rare in this area at the end of July. I went on a 100 mile country cruise and drove on the Conowingo Dam and along the Sussquenna River which is some of the oldest parts of the country.

I'm happy to report that I have driven the NYB almost 25,000 miles since I acquired her in barely running condition. I have taken numerous trips from Baltimore to Green Bay and back and I'm not afraid to drive her anywhere at anytime. A very reliable C-Body with a great riding experience!

As most of my friends here on FCBO know.... I have had all the rust and rot repaired on my NY'er. I had new vinyl installed and the back half of the car painted. Well, my friend doing the body and paint called me and he is ready to paint the rest of the car. This time around there is no rust to repair so he is going to paint the doors, fenders, hood and the front fenders and the Ny'er should be preserved for the next 20 years and ready for the next owner. I'm very excited to say the least! It won't be a frame off quality restoration but a very respectable repair and paint job.

Yeah, but you won't be afraid to keep driving it either.

I'm happy to report that I have driven the NYB almost 25,000 miles since I acquired her in barely running condition. I have taken numerous trips from Baltimore to Green Bay and back and I'm not afraid to drive her anywhere at anytime. A very reliable C-Body with a great riding experience!

Alright, Bob. . . Enough about the NYB. . . What about the Newport?

Alright, Bob. . . Enough about the NYB. . . What about the Newport?

Still a lot of work to do on the Newport. I decided to finish the NYB first before doing anything on the Newport. Takes a lot of maintenance before my satisfaction of the car being roadworthy is met.

Bob, I can't wait to see you and your NYB again... congrats on the paint, let me know if you need me to raid the stash for anything.

Back