NOT MINE 1979 Chrysler Newport Highway Patrol Car - $7,500 (Laguna Beach)

You may be onto the reason.
I just re-read and first 2 listings said B.O.S. only. This just-ended listing says in-process, but was buried in the text - I wonder if everybody missed it.
He should've put that in bold at the top of the text, or in the listing title.

A no-title car from a state that requires a title is always a no-go for me. Been burned once like that, never, ever again.

Oregon and California are both title-required states.

Latest result on this car.
It saddens me somewhat, but I take solace that the seller will likely not derby/part-it-out, they'll try selling it again in the future.

Would make a nice roomy family car if you could convince the family to roll primitive occasionally.
That 79-87 style of copcar bucket seat is one of the most comfortable I've ever sat in.

1694190731957.png

Why the animosity to teh seller?
He's got a legitimate copcar in decent condition.
Now has a title for it.
Why shouldn't he try to get a fair price for it?

The fact he now has paperwork for the car is a huge plus in getting a sale. I wish I had some spare cash. I have always liked the "R"-body cars - bigger than a "B", smaller than a "C", and they really do drive nice! My old '79 New Yorker was a great car, overall. I paid $1,100 for it in 2004, and got $1,950 out of it three years later. Far as I know, the car is in Ohio these days.

What chaps me not only about this car but a LOT of cars for sale online is the "gee, the title is missing, but it's super-easy to get one!" Well...GET ONE already! If you have a car in a title-required state, you NEED to obtain a title for it! Keep in mind, if you go the "bonded title" route, most states do NOT recognize bonded titles from any other states at all!

Last edited:
Yeah, I wish I had indoor space for this one. I have driveway space, but I refuse to do that as a long-term plan.
I had a Dippy copcar and loved the seats and how it drove, so I'm curious about an R-body. (and 75-78 B-body as well)
But alas, is not meant to be.

I was going to step up to the plate and get this car....but the shipping was $1,300 from CA to my home in AL....plus I just picked up a '79 St. Regis.

Alabama St Regis 1.jpg

Last edited:
I would assume around $1300 would get it to me in IN, then.
But the storage at the house and splitting time across yet another car are unchanged.

Hey everyone, I bought this Newport from the seller. If anyone’s interested in buying it, I’d sell it for a little cheaper than what I got it for, my situation has changed a little since I bought it. I also have a ‘79 Plymouth Volare A38 car too that I’m in the process of selling. Just message me here, or text/call 907-713-5004 for information.

IMG_5724.jpeg

R body windshield and Volare in tact grille...both unobtanium.

I had both windshield for the R body and grill lol. Listed both cars for parts on here and not one single buyer for anything so sadly they went in trash when I tripped cars. I'll post windshields when I strip the next R bodies out I keep windows in so keep the water out of the cars.

I had both windshield for the R body and grill lol. Listed both cars for parts on here and not one single buyer for anything so sadly they went in trash when I tripped cars. I'll post windshields when I strip the next R bodies out I keep windows in so keep the water out of the cars.
In future, post the Volare grille on for FMJ bodies site...you'll get 300 bux easy for an in tact driver quality piece.

In future, post the Volare grille on for FMJ bodies site...you'll get 300 bux easy for an in tact driver quality piece.
I actually posted the R body stuff and I parted out a 78 magnum as well and I posted there. Not a single bite on them. Sold some stuff locally but that's it

Back