Status
Not open for further replies.

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
1984 Chrysler LeBaron WOODY | eBay
I don't gravitate towards this look...But, find it interesting...wonder if there is a huge collector interest in this model?
woody.jpg
woody2.jpg

I've always liked these. The few I've driven felt flimsy, almost life threatening . I still like the look.
Sellers do ask between 6 to 12 for nice examples, what they get? Not sure

I'd have to be edu-micated on Chrysler and Imperial division history from alot of you. But, I suppose someway or somehow my beloved C-body 72-73 Imperial Lebaron model spawned this creation over the generations in the Chrysler/Imperial life tree?

Needs whitewalls dammit!

I'd have to be edu-micated on Chrysler and Imperial division history from alot of you. But, I suppose someway or somehow my beloved C-body 72-73 Imperial Lebaron model spawned this creation over the generations in the Chrysler/Imperial life tree?
Um no, the pentastar emblem was the only morsel that made it to this model successfully...

Um no, the pentastar emblem was the only morsel that made it to this model successfully...
I guess I let my brain confuse the way the mustang body style changed right at that point in history...mid seventies thru mid eighties. I had a 73 Mustang Grande with a long nose...next year it changed.

Grandma had a 4dr LeBaron like this but without wood panels & vert to replace her late 60's early 70's Newport? 383 in the 4dr Newport, was getting the rot, but cousin was saying he was going to keep it and preserve it. Never happened.

One time on a visit it was decided to go to my cousins farm for dinner, piled everyone into the LeBaron, I must have ridden my motorcycle out there as we didn't take my 77 Gran Fury 4dr sedan. I got tasked with driving an the short way involved a steep hill, low gear and pedal to floor got us 35mph up that hill. It must of been a earlier version engine wise as they came out with a turbo version and a .5? liter more later lol.
I remember Dad's 86 Reliant (New) as having more 'PEP'.
The cousin we were going to visit had told me a few years earlier that she had just purchase a Jeep Chero'kee (small body version) with a 4 cyl in it and ask what I thought.
I just rolled my eyes. :rolleyes:
At dinner I commented about the hill and she said I should of come in the long way as she wouldn't even do the hill in the 4cyl Jeep. LOL
Everyone was buying little 4cyl's after the 1979 Energy Crisis.

The topped versions were a tighter car. Still cheaply made to what we were all used to. . I drove probably hundreds as a lot boy in 83/84 . I always liked the K car line . If you wanted a K car but bigger you bought a Mirada

I have a customer who has a power blue woody and she is the original and it has never been driven in the salt. She is very proud of it, and tell her how nice it is when ever I see it, and I am not lying, it is a garage queen in mint condition. However, I can say it here, I personally think it is one of the ugliest convertibles ever made and I would be embarrassed to drive it. :)

I personally think it is one of the ugliest convertibles ever made and I would be embarrassed to drive it. :)

:rofl:I have to agree...I'll have to think of one that might top that...But, there wasn't a Pinto, Gremlin or Pacer convertible.

Now the Geo wins top prize in my book for ugliest convertible. I immediately thought of it when you said there wasn't Pinto vert.

metro conv.jpg

My uncle just bought a Thing a few years back said always wanted one. This uncle also has a Pontiac Aztec, so he seems to have moments of bad taste.

I’d drive the Thing before the Geo.

I have to agree about driving the Thing, it is suppose to be ugly. It is meant to be driven no faster than 45 and that feels like 90. I drove his once, it was kinda fun at first. It is a rattle box and noting I would want to own, but admired the WWII Nazi, simplicity of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back