1st annual show

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Ellie and I attended the 1st annual BBQ cookoff and car show held at Ft McClellen in Anniston Al. today. My brother brought his 68 Charger and there were two other Chargers, a 68 and a 69, and one 68 Coronet R/T. Several other very nice cars attended also. The 57 Corvette got best of show, (deserving). Jazabelle got a top 10 award, (the only Mopar to win).

The BBQ cookoff was great. We wandered over after the contestants had submitted their entries and was delighted to find all the BBQ chicken, pulled pork and ribs we could eat ...... FREE...!

A perfect day for top down cruising.

DSC02757 (Large).JPG

DSC02749.JPG

DSC02750.JPG

DSC02752 (Large).JPG

DSC02753 (Large).JPG

DSC02754 (Large).JPG

DSC02755 (Large).JPG

DSC02756 (Large).JPG

THAT'S all the pics ?!?!?!
What the hell Will,,, :lol:
Some very nice cars there....:thankyou:

I used to attend the Packard/Imperial meet in Anniston.................

That is a sea of red... I would personally choose Jazabelle over the others. Not that I don't like them a bunch too... you are simply running the exact level of comfort and speed I desire.

Looks like it was a really nice show too.

Some beautiful cars there.

I want all of them! LOL!

Another show to add to my retired places to go list!

THAT'S all the pics ?!?!?!
What the hell Will,,, :lol:
Some very nice cars there....:thankyou:

I used to attend the Packard/Imperial meet in Anniston.................

Being the 1st annual, and only organized two weeks in advance, the turnout was a little light. I didn't think anyone here would be interested in the typical Mustangs, Camaros, and rat rods.
I remember the Packard/Imperial meet. Held at the beautiful Victoria Inn. It moved to Chattanooga Tenn for awile then disappeared
The event that took it's place is put on by one of the original organizers and is held in Soddy Daisy Tenn at the end of May.

chryslercrazy.com

A three day, event that includes driving tours and evening cruise in's. It's heavy on Imperials, C bodys and forward look cars but is open to all. We will be attending some vintage trailer rallies in Michigan at the same time, I hate we won't be able to attend. But if anyone here can make it...... It's free ..... And you won't regret it.

Back