June 24th, 2023 - 7th Annual C Body Show at Volo

I had only met 3 or so of all the folks prior to the show, but now I have some more faces to go with the screen names.
I wish I had met the owner of each car - I don't know where the time went.

My daughter was going to be behind the wheel of the 69 Imperial to and from, however after getting to Volo on Saturday, she started to feel under the weather and needed to go home. With the assistance of @david hill he managed to speak with Chris, aka @fury fan who was able to drive the 69 back to my shop...
Tim -
That was my first time driving an Imperial, and the experience was so much the better for it being such a peach of a car. Very elegant!
Thanks for the trust with your car, and your hospitality afterward.

I made the same comment to Joe & Diana, who told me they had sold it.
Not sure where it went though.
Joe said to me he still talks to the new owner and he is enjoying the car as it was.
He may vbe able to convince him for next year??

Networking with @Fireflite56 introductions were made with the president of the Chrysler 300 Club International Club. He and I briefly spoke about having his club participate in the C Body Show. He seemed interested to the idea, even though their club cars are “technically not C bodies”. We both agreed further discussions are needed and could be another way we can collectively grow the C Body show to larger annual event to represent the forward look models too.
1960 and newer Chryslers are definitely C body.
Possibly room for debate on pre 60 cars.
For me it's a a no brainer to invite the 300 club with open arms.

IMO, any vintage Chrysler product that isn't an A-B-E-body (who have plenty of their own shows) should be considered for invitation, including Jeep and AMC.
Provided we don't get overrun by them.

The 7th annual get together for the C Body Show was a success thanks to everyone who came to the show and made it possible.

The were so many new rides that showed up to the show that found the listing for this event, either here on FCBO, through the promotional strides the Volo Auto Museum made through their web page and marketing department, and by the several people who graciously posted the flyer on the different FB and other social medial venues they regularly visit. I personally spoke to a half dozen or so who learned of the show on FB.

The climate couldn’t have had been better. A little warm, but the humidity wasn’t bad at all, making the entire day with the slight breeze comfortable. After the last 3 years of rain on the day of our show, the weather on Saturday was a welcome change.

I think the food was a hit this year, and much of what wasn’t eaten was taken home in the styrofoam clam shell doggy bags that were provided to the group.

The only unexpected bump we had was when the chebby typoon club started showing up, trying to park in our area. Luckily, I was there early enough to make sure they didn’t park where we had planned to be.

I think the people from Volo weren’t too happy when they started to show up unexpectedly, as they had no idea they were planning to be there on the same day. I know the fella I worked with at Volo came out and had talked to one of the ring leaders from their club. At one point I had to stop what I was doing at the registration tent, to tell one of their friends who arrived in a newer Buick Regal to move their car the public parking lot, after they tried to park just a couple cars away from our C bodies. All in all, there were no hard feelings. Just a bunch of car guys trying to have some fun on a nice day.

Approaching the day of the show, I knew I was going to need a driver for one of my cars. @Carona aka Mark had PM’d me earlier in the week to let me know he’d be in town on business from NH, and asked about the show. When I learned he was not coming with a C Body, I asked if he could drive the 72 Imperial to and from the show. Once the 3rd car had a driver, I was good.

My daughter was going to be behind the wheel of the 69 Imperial to and from, however after getting to Volo on Saturday, she started to feel under the weather and needed to go home. With the assistance of @david hill he managed to speak with Chris, aka @fury fan who was able to drive the 69 back to my shop where a bunch of us hung out a while longer for a few cold ones, and @cbarge corrected the lights on my NYer. Thanks go out to both of you guys for helping out as drivers, and to Leah for helping me see at night.

View attachment 603532
Hopefully we will see more pics from the event, showing the variety of cars that made it this year. I didn’t get too many, but was able to have my nephew take the attached pic of the attendees. Not sure if everyone at the show is in the pic.

View attachment 603531

I’ve have discussions with several people over the past few weeks about adding a swap meet to the C Body Show. So as for thinking about show # 8, we’ll most likely be at a different location, that will give us enough parking area and space to include a swap, along with the car show. I’ll need start checking for a place after Carlisle.

Speaking of swap meets, I had been in touch with Murry Park earlier in the year, and had invited him to the C Body Show. He wasn’t able to definitively confirm he could make it until the date got closer. But we stayed in touch and he told me he wasn’t going to be able to be there, but told me his daughter would be there, who came up to me and introduced herself to me at the show. If we have a swap next year, Murry will hopefully be able to add the C Body Show to his busy schedule.

Networking with @Fireflite56 introductions were made with the president of the Chrysler 300 Club International Club. He and I briefly spoke about having his club participate in the C Body Show. He seemed interested to the idea, even though their club cars are “technically not C bodies”. We both agreed further discussions are needed and could be another way we can collectively grow the C Body show to larger annual event to represent the forward look models too.

For all those who have had to cancel their plans this year because of work, mechanical problems or other circumstances, we will have just as much fun next year, and look forward to seeing you then. I hope to see everyone attended this year make it back for the 8th annual C Body Show next year.

Thanks again to everyone who made it out this year. I’ll see some of you in a couple week at Carlisle.

Till then. Take care.

Tim
Tim, Thank You so much for your hospitality! Thank you for letting me drive your Imperial and for putting on a Great show, and for the cold beers! It was great seeing so many C-bodies and getting to meet and put faces to the many members on this forum that showed up.

Back