2014 Carlisle FCBO Member Pictures

It was all mine, I'm sure.

Hi Matt, how was your side trip to the Falls? You and Jeannie have a nice time? Did you ask anyone to verify my story about when they shut the Falls off? Sounds funny but it happened! Hopefully we'll see you guys next year.

It was a great trip, thanks for asking. We had a great time! There was no need to look to far to verify your story as it was posted on storyboards around the welcome center and in the tunnels behind the falls, very interesting!

It was a great trip, thanks for asking. We had a great time! There was no need to look to far to verify your story as it was posted on storyboards around the welcome center and in the tunnels behind the falls, very interesting!

I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Did you ask anyone to verify my story about when they shut the Falls off? Sounds funny but it happened! QUOTE]
YES ..... It did. It was in 1969, or perhaps 70. My brother, a friend and myself took my A12 runner on a road trip there and I saw it myself. There was a walkway built that allowed you to go down amoungst the rocks.
I've got some pictures somewhere.

I saw the falls when it was shut off too. I thought it was mid sixties. Now I have to look up the dates.

Posted via Topify on Android

July 1969 for 6 months.

I'm sitting in a restaurant right by the Peace Bridge to Canada right now. Just a few miles down river from the falls.

Posted via Topify on Android

Selfy from the falls, we were a little damp at that point.

image.jpg

With Carlisle 2014 in the books i'm still smiling at the pure joy of the trip.

We were on the road for eight days riding the Blue ridge parkway ..... some US highways and some roads that just went in the general direction of where we wanted to end up. Around 2100 miles in all.
Camping on the Parkway and at some KOA's was a new and fun experience.

As much as we love the journey, the Carlisle experience was the best part of the trip. We stayed on site at the fair grounds all weekend, the weather was beautiful ....... warm sunny days and cool evenings.
Meeting folks we already knew ......... putting faces to user names here. (i'm still a little confused as to how's who). But everyone was a pleasure to meet. And the ladys were wonderful.
Dave, (Polara71) and his family are great hosts who provided a nice location for a meeting place where all were welcome. Thanks Dave & Diane. Dave senior is a trip ......... everyone needs to meet him.

I was really looking forward to seeing Matt's 66 Imperial ....... and ended up getting a closer look then anticipated ...... (there is a "key" to doing that).

And the cars .........!!!!!!!!! I heard there were over 2300 regestered show cars. And I believe it.!!!! More C-bodys then I have ever seen in one place. And not one slouch in the place, all beautys.

Thanks to all who came. The folks we met just comfirm the fact that this is one of the best automobile forums on the web. (JMHO).

Here are a few pictures of our trip.

1st campsite blueridge parkway (Large).jpg

1st campsite blueridge parkway 2 (Large).jpg

ellie & jazebelle on parkway (Large).jpg

grandfather mountain 3 (Large).jpg

grandfather mountain 4 (Large).jpg

59 coronet atcarlisle (Large).jpg

59 fury conv at carlisle (Large).jpg

62 plymouth at carlisle (Large).jpg

Last edited:
I can't wait until I can just pick the the time and the direction and just hit the road like You and Ellie!

39 months to go!

My son in law to be...whom you did meet was named Michael...... Anyway...as we sit here pool side at the beach, David and I thank you. It was a pleasure and an honor

Does the son in law to be have a C-Body yet?

Or is he getting one of yours??? LOL!

They will get one of mine when the time comes. I'd like to see them get one of their own. .. They got engaged on July 4th..... Now they need to pay off student loans, cars, wedding plans, house plans...then kids. They'll be driving mine for a while

Back