2016 Turkey Rod Run in Daytona

A couple more.. we did see a 300 hurst on a trailer when trying to get in this morning. But never saw it again after that.

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

Neat old Tempest, but not the one I was hoping it to be...(trans hump). The outstanding feature of this car was the owners had managed to get a enough dirt rubbed into the aftermarket console that it matched the rest of the interior quite well in person... lost a little of that in the pics.

PB250107.JPG
PB250108.JPG
PB250109.JPG
PB250110.JPG

I like these old Apaches... a couple of Bill's friends have classic GM P/Us and he is their "go to guru" when stuff needs done... we found out last year how hard it's getting to find stovebolt parts while he was rebuilding a head for a friend.
PB250111.JPG

I was actually trying to lead Bill into temptation here, but instead he offered me his spare bedroom if I bought it. (no chance)
PB250162.JPG

WTF... I drove the only Formal I saw... but there was an Edsel wagon???
PB250201.JPG

I thought of several members while there... you decide who I was thinking of...

PB250112.JPG
PB250113.JPG
PB250114.JPG
PB250118.JPG
PB250124.JPG
PB250126.JPG
PB250128.JPG
PB250129.JPG
PB250130.JPG
PB250082.JPG

Thanks for sharing fellas.. I miss the warm-Er.. weather, NYC is hitting the 60 and 50's during the day and the 30's st night. FL is very appealing to me right now. Thanks again..

PB250240.JPG
PB250241.JPG

If the owner wants to claim her, feel free... if a member wants the contact info, I can PM it, I prefer not to put someones number on the 'net if I can help it.
PB250250.JPG
PB250252.JPG
PB250258.JPG
PB250261.JPG
PB250265.JPG
PB250266.JPG
PB250267.JPG
PB250268.JPG

Last edited:
PB250270.JPG
PB250273.JPG

BTW... again... if these turdboxes can organize and get some reserved space...why not us?
PB250285.JPG
PB250286.JPG
PB250287.JPG

No wonder that's where the camera died... I was in protest too...

And I found some old bonus footage...
Bill's cat "Rascal" eating a small snake Viv has been noticing in the palms... she really hates when the kitties murder something...
PB190008.JPG

"Evil" watching jealously...
PB190009.JPG

"Wussie" sleeping through the ordeal... at least until I showed up with the camera
PB190014.JPG

Now that should have the car cover over it!
Thursday, all the mopars i saw were in the car corral. The show field was maybe 20% filled when i left about 3 pm.
I'll post pics tonight when i get home.

IMG_0262.JPG

I didn't make it to that car... I would have liked to see it... but a small part of Black Beauty will always be tarnished in my mind from the "Goodman vs Jeffries" battle over the first car... I couldn't find the Goodman blog about the ordeal just now, and I am sure Dean Jeffries had a perspective too... ruined a lot of my thoughts concerning these cars and Jeffries... may he rest in peace.

Here is a car that made me smile. This is a 67 Simca 1100. Dad had a beige one as a company car for 6 mos. in 66. One of the older brothers was a senior in H.S. at the time. He loved driving this thing. A water cooled rear engine 4 cyl. car that was much better to drive in winter than a beetle. Picture 4 big H.S. guys on a ski trip to Boyne Mtn.!
IMG_0932.JPG
IMG_0934.JPG

This was my ride 1st day of class my senior year! Add the urethane bumper option and this is the exact car complete with the orange seats.
IMG_0936.JPG
IMG_0939.JPG

Here is a car that made me smile. This is a 67 Simca 1100. Dad had a beige one as a company car for 6 mos. in 66. One of the older brothers was a senior in H.S. at the time. He loved driving this thing. A water cooled rear engine 4 cyl. car that was much better to drive in winter than a beetle. Picture 4 big H.S. guys on a ski trip to Boyne Mtn.!
View attachment 105672 View attachment 105675
That's a far cry from Dad's 61? Simca. It still had the old flathead 8 in it.
simca and me 1963.JPG

That white 70 Charger was in the car corral thursday. No selling price on it, No number to call and nobody around. Many of the vehicles were like that. Others just a number to call. Don't think they were really serious about selling. Maybe its cheaper to park in the car corral than the show field!
Guys i talked to say more sales probably occurred at the Bel-Aire mall cruise-in every day all day and night. Guys were there at 6:30 this morning. Friday night N. Atlantic avenue was starting to look like Woodward Dream Cruise Week.

That white 70 Charger was in the car corral thursday. No selling price on it, No number to call and nobody around. Many of the vehicles were like that. Others just a number to call. Don't think they were really serious about selling. Maybe its cheaper to park in the car corral than the show field!
Guys i talked to say more sales probably occurred at the Bel-Aire mall cruise-in every day all day and night. Guys were there at 6:30 this morning. Friday night N. Atlantic avenue was starting to look like Woodward Dream Cruise Week.
I took pictures of the contact info for a few cars... they didn't seem to enforce any rules about "for sale" signs, I didn't get anything for that Charger either. It seemed to me that the show organizers are a lot like the track itself... more people, more money... not too much organization.

We did have fun sitting by my car at the end of the day, watching the security guard chasing people off the high banked turn... Zac and Sabrina were there before us and it had been going on for quite a while.

Back