2016 Turkey Rod Run in Daytona

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any members thinking about going, please feel welcome to let us others know when you plan to be there.

I am planning for one day, but i still have not decided which. My potential copilots are the missus, my neighbor and an old friend and his kid... If there is more desire from them I may go twice.

I like the swap, any swap really... so stag is fine by me. I have started taking more pics, to share here as other wise they just accumulated without meaning too much to me.

If you haven't been there, the place is huge... can't see it all in a day IMO... and there is lots going on in the surrounding areas that I have not checked out at all.

I may post last minute before I go.

Man that sounds like fun. Several buddies go each year and say it is great.
The swap meet is supposed to decent, but, as usual probably not much for us.
Your photo skills are impeccable.:D I appreciate the effort to upload.
My Fury wont be going anywhere for a while, but we will meet up again soon.

IIRC, Will and Ellie have been there before...

Why don't ralleye with Stan and go together? Pretty close for both of you's. Correct?

Would love to go. Only a 45min/hour drive. Might could make it Friday..

Jeff what time you going?

I gotta do a couple things in the early AM, but should be free after that.

Post pictures if you go Zac.

I had it on my schedule but a home matter has me unable to go this year.
Next year...
Sorry to here it, buddy... hope it all straightens out for you.

I don't really have a schedule... I was thinking of trying to get in there early, but we don't work that way around here (I tell Viv we're leaving at 7 to get out by 9)... I'm pretty sure I have your number if it hasn't changed in the past year. I can shot you a text when we leave... Daytona is very good middle ground for us. I have a similar travel time.

I'm leaving about 9... bring my neighbor, a retired tech. Viv's under the weather... pics later.

I was there yesterday. Made it thru the swap area and the car corral before i had enough. I have NEVER seen a car show that allows so many carts, scooters, trucks, cars etc to drive the aisles like that. The cart rental business is big at this show. Lot of youngins running these things way to fast. The show has free shuttle rides the length of the show inside and shuttles right out the gate to your car. What more do you need.
I did manage to find a nice service manual and owners manual for the Monaco that will fit in my carry-on bag. Did see some interesting cars in the corral. The little 67 Simca 1100 just made me smile. Dad had a 66 Simca till the Chargers came out later that year.
I'll post a few pics when i get back to motel.

I was there yesterday. Made it thru the swap area and the car corral before i had enough. I have NEVER seen a car show that allows so many carts, scooters, trucks, cars etc to drive the aisles like that. The cart rental business is big at this show. Lot of youngins running these things way to fast. The show has free shuttle rides the length of the show inside and shuttles right out the gate to your car. What more do you need.
I did manage to find a nice service manual and owners manual for the Monaco that will fit in my carry-on bag. Did see some interesting cars in the corral. The little 67 Simca 1100 just made me smile. Dad had a 66 Simca till the Chargers came out later that year.
I'll post a few pics when i get back to motel.
The place is a zoo... and I don't really mean that in a good way. Zac and I decided we should get a small area setup as a club if we do it again. I'm not entire certain how this is done but if the chevy CITATION club can do it... why not us.

Pictures are delayed due to me killing the camera battery... please be patient...

The Mayflower van was there again...
Pic NOT turned in honor of Ross...
PB250139.JPG
PB250140.JPG
PB250138.JPG
PB250137.JPG
PB250136.JPG
PB250135.JPG

Obviously, I had to shoot the grass...
PB250047.JPG

But wound up with this really lovely trash can shot later, with no effort at all...
PB250100.JPG

And a parking lot line...
PB250151.JPG

A very small sample of the crowd... this was just one corner... 2.5 mile funky circle containing it all.
PB250104.JPG

We were some of the last let inside this morning and had to park om the fence...
PB250017.JPG

Next to some really crappy rides...
PB250021.JPG

You're getting the rest pretty much as I shot them...
PB250019.JPG
PB250020.JPG
PB250023.JPG
PB250024.JPG
PB250025.JPG
PB250026.JPG
PB250027.JPG
PB250028.JPG

PB250029.JPG

My neighbor is an old Chevy Tech, who was smart and took a good fleet job with a retirement. I think he wants a new toy...
PB250030.JPG
PB250031.JPG
PB250032.JPG
PB250033.JPG
PB250034.JPG
PB250035.JPG
PB250042.JPG
PB250043.JPG
PB250044.JPG

PB250046.JPG
PB250049.JPG
PB250051.JPG
PB250052.JPG

Why are these yellow high beams so popular?
PB250055.JPG
PB250056.JPG
PB250057.JPG
PB250059.JPG

There was a BlueBird... not mine...
PB250060.JPG
PB250062.JPG

PB250093.JPG
PB250095.JPG
PB250099.JPG
PB250101.JPG

Ok... not cherry... but still reminded me of some folks who just run these on their trailers...
PB250103.JPG
PB250102.JPG
PB250105.JPG
PB250106.JPG

Again, nice to finally meet you Jeff! The "parts car" was the best in the show to me.

Honestly nothing stood out enough to me to get a pic of. I'm glad I can notch this show off the list to see. But can say I have no reason to go back. Unless you have a mustang or camaro, nothing in the swap meet. Also way too many people for me.

The carts mentioned earlier got old real quick too, and nothing seemed real thought out. I'm just turning into a grumpy old fart I guess lol

I got a couple shots next to your car, but nothing else..

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

Back