2017 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals July 14-16

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thought about "Chrstler", but changed my mind.

I was just looking at registration, and in the list of clubs... no FCBO... :BangHead: there is FABO:bs_flag:

Dave, I believe you had something started on this already.

I don't care about judging, at all, so I will sign up as "74-78 C body" again if there is nothing else going on. I don't care to go be with the Imperials, but I'm sure there are nice folks there too. I don't believe club participation would exclude anyone from parking/judging in class... but might help us get better accommodations where so many congregate anyhow.

How many others would like to go and represent FCBO as a club? Maybe we can get a canopy out of the deal...

I don't see expressing interest as the same as obligation... but maybe it will get us some idea of numbers...

Jeezes, Jeff, it's not even 2017 yet... :poke:
:p
It's gonna be my one true vacation for the year... I plan to be out of Florida for as much of the time off as I can get away with... and if you saw the shithole I stayed at last year, you would understand my desire to plan a little earlier...

Besides... If can help Dave get a tent, I won't need to pack my own shelter (again).

BUT you spent the what seemed like the whole four days under my tent anyhow?:lol:

The rules are clear I believe. If your club has 25 or more registrants this year, you qualify for a free 20 x 20 tent next year. Every one of our guys would have to register under the same club name and exactly as FCBO, any variation will not apply to the FCBO count. IF we get 25 then we can have a tent next year, free.

We dont have that many..........

Of course, we could all pitch in twenty bucks and pay for a 20 x 20 tent to hang out in. Problem is, only two cars can park out of class on Saturday . Most want to be with their car at some point throughout the day. ( I know I do, its usually how people find me plus its my comfort zone.)

If everything goes to plan my home base will be right next to Gators t shirts ( if he does not move) canopy will be up all weekend, stop by anytime I live there that weekend.

I have the same reservation as every year.

Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg. Two nights for $281 total. It's about 15 miles away and the Carlisle crowd thins out quite a bit. I can go eat dinner anywhere without huge crowds. And I can get the NYB on the road for a nice run.

I have a bunch of Mopar guys I hang out with in the parking lot in the evening that aren't getting trashed or doing funny car burnouts.

Mark, have they built anything in that huge area right outside of the fairgrounds that they have been demolishing? You would think that they would build a bunch of hotels to generate revenue.

BUT you spent the what seemed like the whole four days under my tent anyhow?:lol:

The rules are clear I believe. If your club has 25 or more registrants this year, you qualify for a free 20 x 20 tent next year. Every one of our guys would have to register under the same club name and exactly as FCBO, any variation will not apply to the FCBO count. IF we get 25 then we can have a tent next year, free.

We dont have that many..........

Of course, we could all pitch in twenty bucks and pay for a 20 x 20 tent to hang out in. Problem is, only two cars can park out of class on Saturday . Most want to be with their car at some point throughout the day. ( I know I do, its usually how people find me plus its my comfort zone.)
Dave, you made a great cruise director and offered hospitality to all of us anyhow. I would be happy to kick in on a tent for your area... I know I won't be parked right next to it, but I spent as much time there as anywhere.

Have you registered FCBO or For C Bodies Only with the Carlisle folks? If so, they didn't put it on their list of available clubs. There was no write in section, it's a drop down menu. I skipped registration until we sort out how/if we are going to do this. IDK if we would get 25, but I know we wont without a club listing.
We feel the same way about not seeing that SFGT in person...
If everything goes to plan my home base will be right next to Gators t shirts ( if he does not move) canopy will be up all weekend, stop by anytime I live there that weekend.
Does that mean your going to be in the swap? I will be sure to come and participate in a cold adult beverage with you this year.
I have the same reservation as every year.

Comfort Inn Mechanicsburg. Two nights for $281 total. It's about 15 miles away and the Carlisle crowd thins out quite a bit. I can go eat dinner anywhere without huge crowds. And I can get the NYB on the road for a nice run.

I have a bunch of Mopar guys I hang out with in the parking lot in the evening that aren't getting trashed or doing funny car burnouts.
I'm still thinking I want to be closer to the fairgrounds. I never left before dark last year and I would seriously consider camping if I had confidence my body would take it.

You don't have to register the club name. It is on your registration papers. Everyone who registers has a chance to enter a club affiliate.

I'm in fellas!!! Carlisle 2017 here I come!! $20 or whatever it takes. I'll also wait to register if it helps with numbers in the club count. I'll follow this thread.. Jeff and Dave thanks for the early efforts..

You don't have to register the club name. It is on your registration papers. Everyone who registers has a chance to enter a club affiliate.
Register Your Club | Classic Collector Vintage Car Bike Truck | Carlisle, PA
OFFICIALLY REGISTER YOUR CLUB

club_official_seal.jpg

Carlisle Events is offering special status to clubs who regularly attend our events. By becoming a Carlisle Officially Recognized Club, your club name will appear as a club selection during online showfield/funfield registration and your club will also appear on our forthcoming "Club Listing" web page.

*Club Name:
*First Name:
*Last Name:
Middle Name:
*Address:
*City:
*State:
*Zip:
*Day Phone:
Evening Phone:
*Email:
Club Website:
# of Members:
* designates required field

Apply for club recognition at the following events:
Import & Performance
Ford Nationals
Chevrolet Nationals
Chrysler Nationals
Truck Nationals
Corvettes at Carlisle
Fall Florida Autofest
Winter Florida Autofest

From what I see, if the club is registered here, everyone could easily chose it from the drop down when they advance register... I believe that may get us to 25...

I'm willing to try to do this for a Florida event where we have members who want to congregate... but I don't think I should be the one for Carlisle, someone who is more reliable in their attendance like Dave should be the point man for this.

As long as my employment situation doesn't change(looks good so far), I have this year in the bag, I couldn't begin to predict future years at this moment though.

Things have changed. ... I guess they do it different now.
Would you like to be the contact that sets it up?

I don't think you get put on the hook for anything, I would do it... but what happens when I can be there next time?

Back