300 c

rush

Reaction score
Ok guys who here has owned a 300c Srt 8? I got the better half talk into maybe picking a used one up and need to know if there is any major problems I should know about.

DSCN1167_zps1ebeb837.jpg

I understand your face muscles get sore from the constant smile you have while behind the wheel.

I've been thinking about one as well. I see a lot of them on the road, people must be happy with them.

Well, I'm pretty up on the LX stuff. I own two 6.1's & two 5.7's.

The 5.7's shut two cylinders down for fuel economy. That system is operated with an oil solenoid & if you don't change your oil very often and/or use a really good full synthetic, it breaks. That's the only issue I know of.

If you buy an SRT you better get ready to spend more cuz you won't be able to resist. Headers, exhaust, cold air intake & a canned tune will unleash the beast.

Well, I'm pretty up on the LX stuff. I own two 6.1's & two 5.7's.

The 5.7's shut two cylinders down for fuel economy. That system is operated with an oil solenoid & if you don't change your oil very often and/or use a really good full synthetic, it breaks. That's the only issue I know of.

If you buy an SRT you better get ready to spend more cuz you won't be able to resist. Headers, exhaust, cold air intake & a canned tune will unleash the beast.

It actually shuts down two cylinders per bank, four total during light load cruising for increased fuel economy.

I've had two LX series Dodges: 2007 Charger R/T, Road and Track Group and currently a 2012 Charger R/T Road and Track Group. The Dodges are built on the same platform as the Chryslers and share many of the same parts.

The 2012 is too new to report any issues. My 2007 was a great car. The only real issue I dealt with was the shifter. There is a plastic part which I believe locks the shifter in park, that is poorly engineered. They are known to eventually break causing the shifter to not unlock when the brake pedal is pressed. Luckily, this happened in my driveway and I wasn't stranded somewhere. I found a fix online and disassembled the console, removed the shifter and repaired the part myself. The dealer wanted to put a whole new shifter in at $400+ as I was out of warranty. Other than that, I had no major issues in 160,000+ miles. If you decide to buy from a private party, you may want to ask them if their shifter has ever broken. If not, that would be the very first thing I would do to the car if you decide to purchase. The aftermarket makes the part in question out of aluminum that will not fail.

The LX Series, especially the 5.7 and 6.1L equipped models are great cars and I think you would be very happy with the purchase of a pampered, low mile example.

Last edited:
I have a 2004 Ram with the 5.7 and a 06 jeep with one also and so far the have been great. My son has a 300c with a 5.7,cam,headers,new hopped up tranny that I paid for(still waiting to get paid ),and see rolls now. The old yacht is no match by any means so the race is on.lol!!! I've driven a few srt's and I smile every time.
I did take my truck to Mo. and put 1800 miles on it and she pulled 19.7 first tank (91 tune,cai) and then my wife drove 16.5 next tank. Wow is she hard on the gas (scared me half to death). I can't wait for her to drive a fast car it should be very entertaining. I did see her do a smokey burn out with our old supercharged Buick right in front a cop and got away with it.

I'm looking at my favorite 300c...2006 with the Heritage Edition option. The Inferno Red is real close to my '78 NYB. The one I'm looking at has 65k with sun roof etc. I love the chrome side trim as well as the 300 badge on the backs of the seats etc. He is asking 14k, I offered him 12k, he countered at 13k. I don't really need it so now we are a stand still from a week ago. Check this package out.....

The SRT cars are great cars. I have test drove a few and raced against some recently. Wife has a 2013 Charger RT with the 5.7 that is a great road trip car. Not fast, but fun and comfy.

quick is different than fast, I have had the car to 137 and realized wtf am I doing. Quick? I am happy with high 13's . For a stock daily driver

Back