300 Hurst Diecast--For your viewing pleasure.

I think there were a couple in the Steven Juliano auction.
Did you buy it there?

Carsten
Yes. And Tim Wellborn got the other one.

We were bidding against each other for "mine" while sitting next to each other, not KNOWING we were bidding against each other. As the bid time got shorter (this was using the Mecum On-Time app on our phones) I noticed he would grimace when I raised the bid, then he hit buttons and instantly MY bid was outgunned. That's when I realized what we were doing, and I said "Tim! Geeze! Bid on the other one!" He did and got it. :D

We also bid against each other for Miss Hurst. I dropped out at about $700, him at $1500, and it quickly went to the moon. Something like $4K, IIRC. Lots of money in that room bidding on all that cool Juliano Mopar stuff.

This pic was taken by Mister @david hill :
IMG_4481.JPG

I added a passenger mirror early in my ownership, via a very nice unit from Murray. And it's not the sheetmetal screw, parts-counter version. It's an OEM stud and nut version such that the window needed to come out to install. Sheeeeesh.....

Mmm, I also mounted a passenger mirror stud and nut version but I didn't have to remove the window. Just fully closed the window and I could put the nuts on...

:BangHead: You got me. Manual, so thát's the difference...
Apparently so. Believe me, I tried because I thought the same thing when I took the door panel off after I drilled my holes based on location info provided to me by @Big_John. Window up, it'll be easy. Nope. Absolutely no access to those studs unless maybe you had a child's hands on the end of long, multi-jointed arms.

The pentastar in the back is an original one......?
Bought this emaille one a few years ago on market-place here in the Netherlands..

yes, that as an original dealer pentastar made in plastic which was installed outside on the sales building. It is lighted and hanging in the living room now.

I have others, too but not enough space so some of them are in storage

Carsten

Last edited:
Back